Revolver Review

7.9
 6.2
reviews (4) 4 comments vote for this gear:
Revolver Reviewed by: BASSJFRED, on may 06, 2008

Features: The Silvertone SSLB11 Revolver Bass Guitar Package is loaded with everything you need to bang out some serious bottom end. Featuring the Silvertone SSLB-11 Revolver style 4-string bass guitar, 34 in. long scale, 20 fret maple neck with Rosewood fretboard, 1 split style pickup, 1 volume and 1 tone control, chrome die-cast enclosed tuning machines and a fully adjustable chrome bridge. Also includes: BAXS-20 Bass Amplifier featuring: 20 peak watts of power, 7" bass driver, 3-band EQ and a headphone output jack. Silvertone's STUN-1 electronic tuner, padded gig bag, bass guitar strap, hook-up cable, picks and a 2 hour instructional DVD. Tobacco Sunburst Finish. // 10

Sound: I bought this bass to start out about a year ago, I wanted something cheap so I can learn how to play. Everything I play on this bass sounds good. I use the Baxs 20 Watt Peak Performance Bass Guitar Amplifier it's a small one but if your someone that wants to learn like I did it's just fine. Its somewhat annoying noisy sound when the volume is up all the way I think this is becasue of the amp. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The action on the guitar was really good. This bass guitar is a perfect buy for a beginner or someone Who wants a cheap bass package to add to a collection. The action is what made this guitar for me. When I got it everything was in great order the factory did a great job on there product! // 9

Reliability & Durability: Man I can't tell you how many time I've banged my guitar or it fell from a stand and it still looks and works like new. I would take this bass anywhere and not worry about it failing on me! The only flaw I have had is the strap screw came out of the guitar but it was a easy fix! // 8

Overall Impression: I wanted something cheap so I can start playing, now I play a lot of music on it some metal a lot of classic rock and some stuff me and my friend wrote. I have been playing with this guitar for about a year this guitar has served it's purpose I am looking to upgrade now. If some stole my bass right now I would buy the same model again and again. Whenever I look at my bass I am happy it looks good and I know when I turn it on it will please me with great sound. I compare diffrent basses but this one came with a bass package and after reading further review I found this bass to be best for my price range. // 10

Revolver Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 15, 2007

Features: This Silvertone bass guitar has a rosewood neck with 20 frets. It has a double cutaway body. It is cobalt blue, with a black pickguard. It had a lot of scratches on the pickguard when I got it in the mail, so that kinda sucks, but, it still looks great. There are two controls: one for volume and one for tone. It has split pickups and diecast tuning machines. It came with a gig bag, an instructional DVD, a strap, picks, a cable and an electronic tuner. This bass looks great and for $200 you get the bass and all the included accessories to get you started. // 9

Sound: This bass doesn't sound as great as other basses I have heard, but it still sounds good. I don't use any effects with this bass. The amp is great, it's really loud, but sometimes it gets really noisy and fuzzy. It doesn't sound all that great if you use a pick, unless you slightly mute the string you are playing on. All of the strings make this weird warbling sound no matter how the bass is tuned, but I guess it's pretty easy to ignore. Overall this bass sounds pretty decent. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: This bass is mostly set up well, the only flaw is that it had a lot of scratches on it. The strings buzz against the neck a lot, but that's probably just because I suck at playing bass. Everything else seems to be fine. So, this bass is set-up pretty good, but it's a beginner bass and it wasn't that expensive, so it's not that sturdy. It gets scratched easily. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This bass is easily scratched, but it will probably last live playing. The strings are pretty strong, because I have never snapped any of the strings before. The strap buttons are strong too, because this bass is pretty heavy and the strap stays attached and it doesn't fall off. This bass guitar is pretty dependable. // 8

Overall Impression: This is my first bass, it's not the best. It's fun to play, I guess it is good for now. I will use this bass to learn on, and then whenever I get good I will probably buy a better one. I haven't been playing too long, I am just learning a couple of songs. I love the way this bass looks, but it doesn't really sound that awesome. If it were stolen/lost I would buy something different. // 7

Revolver Reviewed by: Fast_Bear, on march 19, 2007

Features: It comes with a cable, a soft case, some monster pics, a strap, a 10wRMS amp, and a 4 string Bass (if I am not mistaken). It has 4 standard tuners. 20 Frets with a Rosewood fingerboard, maple neck, and a laminated wood body. (think plywood but higher quality) It came with a supposudly "Duncan Design" P Bass pickup with the low pickup at the top in the standard middle position wired in series. With a Tone and volume control. Both at 500Kohm I think. This Bass comes quite well equipped. The pickups were quite noisy yes but sounded fairly decent. Actually it was pretty versitle for passive controlls, and the tone controll did quite a good job at cutting highs when needed. Infact I still use that same capacater when I modded this Bass. And after about 3 months of rewiring this thing, I went back to how it was origianlly wired, Just with an added coil cut Switch I added. Setting it up was quite standard though. It only had action, intonation, and truss sadly. But meh, it still works. Enough about the bass, what about everything else? The amp is 10W RMS with 25W peak, 4 band EQ. 8" Speaker with back breathing hole. The amp is quite awesome. It has a very cool EQ. And you can get a surpizing amount of sounds out of it. Sadly though, the tuner sucks ass! It never works and is a pain in the ass to use! I ahted that thing soo much. It was really easier to tune by ear with that thing sometimes. // 7

Sound: The body and the neck sound surprizingly good! I was very pleased with it! The pickups were extremely decent too. It can deliver good highs and decent lows. I don't remember the soudn of the factory string (I got this thing 2 years ago), but with my favorite Rotosound Stainless steel strings it can deliver good lows, and decent (though slightly muddy) highs. Meh, I had to replace the pickup though (more on that on durability! No that is not good), and with it it sounds AWESOME! I was more than impressed with the construction of the wood and the neck! It accents my Seymor Duncan Reissue overwound Musicman Pickup very very well! And the amp isnt' too bad either! It delivers a surprizing amount of lows despite the small 8" speaker. But sadly it is quite tinny without being bright.. Meh, I guess it shaped my sound a bit though. Though it isn't suited for conventional playing, it is a good soudn for effect playing. Like a full "snare" snap. Or hammerons. And the pics that come with it! My GOD! They f--king sound cool! I have only found one manufacture that makes pic close to it! That is Fender with there monster triangle pics! Trust me! These things rule! // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The Bass looks quite good and clean. The style is quite standard, but classic. And the headstock looks quite original with that distinct Silvertone Razer headstock. Quite refreshing form the standard shitty looking P Bass clone headstocks. The action was high when I first got it, I remember that. And the action can't be lowered that much. The frets buzz alot, and I do need to work on them. But, it can play clean, just don't expect to use the upper frets unless you like buzz. I love it to be honest. I am one of the only two Bassists I know that use fret buzz in their sound. The other is the dude from John Butler Trio. // 5

Reliability & Durability: The Bass is extremely durble. It feels solid and durable. And the finish is extremely thick. It has endured 3 years of being banged around against stuff like WALLS and AMPS, several gigs, and my constant modification. It is gonan suck trying to sand it down so I can fill in some cavities I made installing my musicman pickup. Speaking of wich, the pickup is the least durable thing I have ever seen! I broke the coil trying to wire it to paralel instead of series. I wouldn't trust those things as far as I can throw em without breaking. I really do doubt those are really "Duncan Designed" as they claim. The gig bag sucks ass! It is waterproof nylon. that is it. No padding, no pockets, nothing! Thank god the Bass is soo durable or that thing woudl be in peices by now. And the chord? It came with two. One didn't work. The other broke in a week. // 4

Overall Impression: I say get it! Get the Bass by itself if you are looking for a project bass! The Bass will serve you extremely well. Samething goes for the amp and those pics. Just replace everything else! And you are good to go! I would definattly get atleast the neck if this thing was stolen. Either that or this Basses big brother. The Silevrtone Scepter Bass. And get myself another project Bass! // 7

Revolver Reviewed by: Nakomii, on april 29, 2011

Features: 4-string bass guitar, 34 in. long scale, 20 fret maple neck with Rosewood fretboard, 1 split style pickup, 1 volume and 1 tone control, chrome die-cast enclosed tuning machines and a fully adjustable chrome bridge. Came with picks, a 10 watt amp, gig bag, cable and some tools. // 8

Sound: The sound is great for such a cheap guitar. I originaly bought it to practise with, and as a bass to play live. I play mostly Metal/Rock. The sound is great, even with the amp that it comes with. Its clean, Smooth, and very loud. There is not much variety, but with what it DOES come with, I don't see why you would need more than it already has. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The finish is beautiful. A nice black, and very shiny and smooth. The pickups are good. It has a great setup, its a solid guitar. It had no flaws when I bought it, but it did fall a few times (hyperactive puppy running around like a psycho) and it did scratch the back, so I'd say be careful and put it on a good stand, but besides that, nothing. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar would be good for something like a Coffee House, and I beleive it would do good at something bigger. The hardware is great on this, nothing out of place or damaged. The base strap button did fall off though, it is a heavy guitar and I can understand, but I wasn't particularly pleased with that. As far as playing it goes, I'm sure that even if you did drop it, it would leave no more than a scratch. It is a pretty thick finish. // 9

Overall Impression: I have had this guitar for over 2 years now, and its still in great condition. I love this guitar, I plan on using it untill its nothing but sawdust and chrome peices. It sounds great, looks great, and it was reasonably priced. I don't think I would buy another one. // 8

More Silvertone reviews rating category latest review
+ Smart IIIs 5.5 Guitar Amplifiers 04/07/2014