Euro 4 LX Review

manufacturer: Spector date: 06/25/2008 category: Bass Guitars
Spector: Euro 4 LX
This neck-thru bass offers you all the premium playing quality and stunning looks for which Spector basses are renowned.
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
Euro 4 LX Reviewed by: Masturbasser, on june 25, 2008

Features: Made in the Czech Republic by master craftsmen, this neck-thru bass offers you all the premium playing quality and stunning looks for which Spector basses are renowned. It features the fully carved and curved original NS body shape. The body is of solid alder and the wings have 3 layers: figured maple on top, a slice of walnut, and an alder back for a stronger fundamental. Graphite-reinforced 3-piece rock maple neck has a 24-fret rosewood fretboard decorated with crown mother-of-pearl inlays. American-made EMG active pickups and deluxe Spector 9-volt TonePump EQ circuit deliver the ultimate in output and tonal range. Solid brass Spector locking bridge. Gold-plated hardware. // 10

Sound: This bass is so versatile; I play everything from metal to jazz and funk and you can nail all of these tones. The active pickups make all the ranges loud! I play my passive bass for a while and then plug in my Spector and have to turn down the main volume because it is so much louder than a normal passive bass. Drop it into D and start the head banging or tweak the knobs and start slapping to Wooten. I have a few basses, but at the end of the day, I pick up the Spector and am still blown away by how smooth and easy it is to move around the neck. The tones you can get are just incredible. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I got an exceptional deal on the bass; it was used before me, but did not have any flaws or blemishes anywhere. It came with a hard shell case, strap locks, Allen key for the truss rod and all the original information about the bass. The bass had action issues when I first got it, but was easily remedied and now plays like a dream. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The bass is extremely durable and solid. Nothing jiggles or rattles like a previous bass I had, you can tell as soon as you pick it up that is going to last forever. You could easily use this as your main bass at a gig and not have a backup. Spector means it when they say Basses built for a lifetime. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, it is the most magnificent bass I have ever owned. Easily said because my other basses are a Squire 70's modified jazz bass, and a Jay Turser P Bass. I plan to buy a 5 string in the future I am going to make sure it's a Spector. // 10

More Spector reviews rating category latest review
+ ReBop 5DLX 9.8 Bass Guitars 05/31/2013