Euro 5 Review

manufacturer: Spector date: 03/06/2009 category: Bass Guitars
Spector: Euro 5
Exotic top (spalted maple), 5 strings, 35" scale, mine came with the EMG BQC pre already installed, EMG DC-40 pickups, strap locks, gold hardware, excellent tuners. Just nothing to complain about.
 9.5
review (1) pictures (3) user comments vote for this gear:
Euro 5 Reviewed by: MorganBAss, on march 06, 2009

Price paid: A$ 1600

Purchased from: second hand

Features: The Spector euro 5LX is made in Czech Rebulic in 2003 (according to serial number). It has two EMG-DC pickups and Spector TonePump circuit. The bass features the fully carved and curved original NS body shape. The body is of solid alder and the wings have 3 layers: figured maple on top, a slice of walnut, and an alder back for a stronger fundamental. The fretboard is 24-fret in rosewood with crown mother of pearl inlays. My bass is black cherry with high gloss finish. // 9

Sound: I love this bass, particularly becuase it's 5 string, so I can have that lower sound for a lot of the metal I play. It's versitile and the action is great on this bass, so you can go from thrashing it out to playing some slap-funk in a heart beat. It's got a good bit of growl without getting too mid-heavy with a nice high end. You can achieve warm and mellow tones by turning down the treble and/or putting on some flat-wounds. I play my bass through a GK 700H head through a GK 115RBH cab. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: This was second hand so can't really comment on the set-up. However, apart from some cracks in the finish there is nothing wrong. No signs of any factory flaws. It's a solid bass, with good action and the finish seems like it would of been perfect when original bought. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This is a solid bass, it takes a good thrashing and I have been playing it almost everyday since I got it about a year ago and it's still working fine. I am still careful of it, only because (apart from the previous damage) she is beautiful. The strap buttons are solid, it's hardware like the rest of it is hardy and I can see myself still playing this bass far into the future. // 10

Overall Impression: I play anything from metal, punk and rock. So this bass is perfect for all of my music needs. I have been playing for over 2 years and I also play on a Fender '62 reissue P-Bass and a OLP MM2 through a GK 700 H Head and 115RBH cab. I love this bass more than my Fender and if it was lost or stolen I would deffinitely buy this bass again. // 9

More Spector reviews rating category latest review
+ ReBop 5DLX 9.8 Bass Guitars 05/31/2013