Bronco Bass Review

manufacturer: Squier date: 01/11/2013 category: Bass Guitars
Squier: Bronco Bass
The Squier Bronco Bass is great for guitarists who occasionally need a bass, for younger beginners, for smaller players or for anyone who likes the feel of a short-scale (30") bass. It tunes easily and sounds full and rich, thanks to its Maple neck, die-cast tuners and solid Agathis body.
 Reliability & Durability: 8.6
 Action, Fit & Finish: 6.6
 Features: 7.6
 7.5
 6.5
reviews (9) pictures (2) 17 comments vote for this gear:
Bronco Bass Reviewed by: StepsAscending8, on march 26, 2004

Purchased from: Jensen's Guitar

Features: The Bronco Bass is a total cheapo, Fender rip-off... I LOVE IT. I only had to save up for about a week to buy it and in my opinion it plays just as well as a Fender P-Bass. The neck is amazing,I can play fast on that neck then on any other (because it's a shortscale) 20 Frets i believe. Has one Seymour Duncan in it. The red finish looks nice. Came with a Crate BX15 practice amp. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: The pick-up is bad in this bass and it ruins the sound of the whole bass (since theres only one pickup) and there is no pick-up knobs or selectors to change that. The factory didnt set up the bass well. // 2

Reliability & Durability: This bass has withstood gigs and the hardware holds for itself. The finish doesn't come off easily. Haven't had any strap problems. This is a bass that you can throw against a wall and pick it up and keep playing. I love the durability of Squier products. // 8

Overall Impression: This isn't the greatest match for my music, but it's gets the job done, and thats the reason I bought it. I also own a Squier Standard Jazz Bass which I adore because of the tone, but when I want the P-Bass sound, I rely on my Bronco. If you need a cheap, reliable bass, buy a Bronco. // 6

Bronco Bass Reviewed by: mwr28, on october 26, 2006

Features: The Bronco Bass is a great starter bass guitar and is a Squier version of the Fender P-Bass. The guitar was a reasonable price of 160 and they threw in a guitar stand with it. The one thing I love about the bronco is the neck. The neck is smooth and you can play very fast on it because it is short scale. The bronco has 20 frets and has a nice red finish. This guitar sounds very much like the Fender P-Bass. // 8

Sound: My style of music is Indie/Rock. This bass goes well with that syle and can also play some funky stuff to. At the moment I am Using a Marshall Bass 12 Amp. The bass has quite a Rich and Full sound and is very versitile because I believe it can play all sorts of music on it. The bass is ok for slap bass and has a clear sound. (no hissing or scratchiness). // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The action on the bass was set up well and I haven't had to lower of higher it. There were no loose guitar parts at all when I bought it and it is a good quality wood. The only problem with the bass is the pickup. Although the bass gives out a great sound it could be a lot better if it was to have better pickups. The guitar only has 1 pickup up and no pickup knobs. // 7

Reliability & Durability: Reliability & Durability When I purchased the bronco the action was perfect and still is after 6 months. There have been no chips on it although it has had a few bumps. The finish doesn't come off easily and I can honestly say squiers products are long lasting. // 9

Overall Impression: The guitar is great for a cheap starter guitar and has a similar sound to the P-Bass. I probably wouldn't get this bass again if it was to be stolen. Not because it's bad but just because I would want to upgrade to something Fender. You wont go wrong with a Bronco Bass. // 7

Bronco Bass Reviewed by: MusicalMinority, on may 25, 2009

Purchased from: secondhand

Features: Made in Indonesia in 2002. Short scale neck. 19 frets, one-piece maple neck, I believe. Agathis body. Comes with one "special design" pickup that's actually a Squier GUITAR pickup. When I bought mine, the previous owner had replaced it with a genuine Fender pickup and shielded the cavities. Polyurethane finish. Nothing's going to get through. Shaped after the Fender Mustang. The bridge is some cheap economy thing with only two saddles, but it worked well enough. Looked cool too. One volume, one tone. Pretty straightforward. One of the best things about the neck is that it always feels glossy. Never sticky, and always a pleasure to play. Very thin too. Fast, and comfortable. I'm going to miss that feeling once this bass is sold. Note: Rating is for stock settings. Mine was actually around a 7 or 8. // 6

Sound: It does cleans decently, but can't handle distortion at all, which is sad, because half of what I play is distorted. The most this can handle is a "DeeDee Ramone" sort of loud overdrive. Other than that, the hissing and humming becomes too much to bear. Keep in mind that I'm saying this about a guitar whose cavities were shielded by a professional... But hey, what do you expect out of a single coil? I couldn't that much variety out of the tone and volume knob, but the sound was decent enough on cleans. A little muddy at times, but that's the price you pay for the ease of playing short scale. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: Because I bought it secondhand, I have no idea how the factory set it up. However, the action was easy to adjust, I never had to deal with the truss rod, and the intonation was just as simple to fix as it would be on any other bass. I didn't have any other problems with the hardware. Seemed sturdy enough, except for the screws, which looked as if they would strip at the slightest contact of a screwdriver. Didn't worry me too much because replacement screws are cheap and easy to find. // 8

Reliability & Durability: The thing is built sturdily enough to be a tank. I don't know how long the bridge would last under gigging conditions, but replacements are dirt cheap and easy to find. The strap buttons were surprisingly solid. It's finished with ultra-hard polyurethane... It's not getting beat anytime soon. I accidentally hit it against my desk once, and it left a dent in the desk... Only a small scratch on the finish of the bass. I'd go gigging with this without backup if I personally liked the sound I got out of it. // 9

Overall Impression: I play a little bit of everything, but this thing's not up to "everything." Not exactly a one-trick pony, but don't expect it to be hugely versatile. It's fairly good at what it does well at any rate. I've been playing classical piano for close to eleven years, have been playing guitar for about three years, and picked up bass a year ago. I know quality/tone when I see/hear it. This is one of those halfway basses that isn't quite a beginner's bass, but certainly isn't a pro bass. Don't expect good distorted sounds and slightly muddy cleans. If this was stolen, I probably would mourn for a day and go try out other basses, as I was planning on selling this one soon anyways. // 6

Bronco Bass Reviewed by: reverber21, on november 18, 2008

Features: Made in 2008, 19 frets, solid body, maple neck and agathis body, torino red Polyurethane Finish, the body style is a stratacaster body style, and the bridge style is a Wilkinson style. comes with crome control knobs for volume and tone. it has standard covered mini-tuners, and the bridge is two-saddle chrome. // 10

Sound: this guitar is perfect for my music playing style and I us a Peavey bass amplifier with it. the bass is a little noisy when playin in the 6th fret plugged into my amplifier but when using a larger amplifier the bass has good sound quality. the sound without any effects has a wide variety by itself. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I have no knowledge on this information of my product. I do know that my bass contained no flaws and that the guiitar is in perfect condition. the guitar is pretty solid I have drop it at least 4 times on tiles and have yet to find a scratch or dent in the body or neck. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar could withstand dozens of Live concerts, and the hardware wouold seem to last just as long. I can depend on the guitar totaly. I believe that the finish on this product is good enough to last years of playing. I would use this guitar at a gig wothout a backuo because of te condition it is in and because of all of the roughin' up it has already gone through, it could withstand anything. // 10

Overall Impression: I play alternative rock and rock and roll, this guitar is perfect for my style of playing. I've been playing for 6 months, I also own a 1981 Ibanez blazer that can be seen on my profile. I wish that this bass could have a toggle Switch on it to acheive more effects. // 9

Bronco Bass Reviewed by: SSaxdude, on november 10, 2010

Features: This is a very simple bass. Made in Indonesia, must be a pre-2002 model based on when my friend bought it. One tone and one volume pot, one single coil pickup. The neck is a short scale 30 incher with 19 frets, which makes this bass very easy to play. This was my first bass, and I found it easy to start on. I still prefer the short scale, even though I have a full scale Ibanez with good pickups and bass boost. // 8

Sound: The stock pickup is a pretty weak sounding Strat style single coil. I took it out and put in an Epiphone Les Paul pickup and now it sounds great. It suits my musical tastes very well. I like playing a lot of things like The Beatles, Nirvana, MGMT, Weezer, Rage Against the Machine, Pixies, and Joy Division. It's difficult to describe the sound I get now with the humbucker. It reminds me of Kim Deal's MusicMan Stingray and whatever bass is used on "It's Working" by MGMT. I use some of my guitar effects pedals with decent results. Obviously they're made for 6 string guitars. A little distortion sounds cool. I don't remember too much about what the stock pickup sounded like, except it was weaker and made more hum (obviously). I also have the volume and tone pots removed, so the pickup goes straight to the output jack, which improves the sound quality. Bottom line: with a humbucker it's a perfect 10 for fans of alternative rock and 60s pop, with the stock pickup it's more like 6 or 7. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Nothing was set up incorrectly. However after I sanded off the original paint, repainted it, and put on heavier strings (.105, .85, .70, .50) I had to raise the entire bridge to avoid string buzzing (I did this with cardboard from a beer case). The bridge is a weaker part of this bass and has only 2 saddles instead of 4 like on high quality basses. Before I put the cardboard under the bridge, I put the saddles in their highest height and I still had string buzzing. Understand that short scale basses are generally made for lighter strings. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This bass is pretty durable. The volume pot broke, which is why I had to remove it, but I'm fairly certain that was my fault. The body seems sturdy and the neck is bolted on correctly. The original finish didn't wear off, even though I didn't treat it nicely. I've also dropped it many times and it hasn't gotten messed up. // 9

Overall Impression: I love this bass. It fits my style very well. I don't know why short scales get a bad name. It's very fun to play, even as I've gotten out of the initial beginner phase (I've been playing for about 2 years). I like it more than my Ibanez GSR 200 and my Dean Playmate Acoustic bass. I also like it more than some other basses I've played a lot, like a Squier Precision bass. There are a few things I would change: better stock pickup and better bridge. If it was lost or stolen I would definitely buy another one used, repaint it, put heavier strings on it, and put in a nice mini humbucker. If you want a new bass and don't want to spend a lot of money, want something that's easy to modify, want a short scale, or are getting into bass, then check this bass out. You can't wrong for the price. // 9

Bronco Bass Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 08, 2011

Purchased from: TradeMe (secondhand)

Features: My Bronco was made in Indonesia, don't know what year. It has 19 frets on a maple neck and is really comferable to play on. I can move really fast up and down the neck and there aren't any sharp edges or anything. The body is agathis and is has a polyurathane finish. It has some sort of cheap two saddle bridge, but it works fine. It comes with a Squire guitar pickup that's complete crap, but can be replaced quite easily. Standard controls, volume, tone. // 8

Sound: With the shit stock pickup it sounded horrible on anything even remolely distorted or bright and buzzed and hissed terribly. I'm using it with a pretty nice Line6 Low Down amp, so that wasn't the problem. I replaced the pickup with a Seymour Duncan Little '59 and now it sounds pretty good, still a bit squeaky on the highs, but not a problem. If you were to replace the pickups, I would probably reccomend putting in actual bass pickups or even a rail pickup so that it lines up properly. With the stock pickup it was about a 5 or 6, but now it sounds awesome and totally suits my playing style (alternative, Indie rock, chillwave) and has a great range of sounds. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: I bought this second hand, but it was pretty much brand-new. It was set up pretty nicely, but has a bit of buzz on a few frets, but nothing that gets picked up. The guitar's really light and quite easy to play, and as I said earlier, I can move really fast up and down the neck. No major flaws in anything and it hardly ever comes out of tune unless I make some hardcore bends. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This thing could deflect bullets. I've made dents in my wall with it (accidentally of course) and dropped it so many times, and it has not a single scratch. The hardware would probably last forever and I would have no problem taking this gigging without a backup. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a great match for alternative and Indie rock. This bass was my first bass and was a great beginner instrument. If it got stolen, I would probably move on to a different bass, just because I think that this needs a bit of modification before it's a good bass. I bought this on a whim and I wish I knew about the crap pickup, and the extra $70 I had to put in, but it was totally worth it. If I knew better, I probably would've gotten some cool rails or something but, the Lil' 59 works just fine for me. All in all, this bass is great if you're willing to put a bit of extra time and effort into it and by the way, I overpaid. // 9

Bronco Bass Reviewed by: Molochnik, on may 06, 2011

Features: Mustang-style body w/ black poly finish w/ a maple/maple neck; tone & volume knobs; single strat style* pickup in middle position; short scale (30"); .40-.95 string gauges; made in Indonesia Oct 29, 2009; old fasioned dual saddle configuration bridge; faux (?) Gotoh tuners. Rating the features on the cheapest bass in Squier's lineup? It's a true entry-level short-scale; some don't even come with two knobs! I give it a 9 because it'll get you playing a shortscale bass for $150. When you're looking at something like the Bronco, you oughta understand where you're shopping. * Many argue about what the pickup actually is from, but I don't care. Suffice to say, it's six-pole series pickup. // 9

Sound: As I've mentioned in other posts, I do disco, funk, rock, country, jazz, and even toy with hip-hop and punk. I'm also a beginner so, as long as it makes noise when I attempt to play it suits me. I've been playing it through a Rumble 15 & 30. Out of the box it had a fair amount of noise - hiss/static/etc. The sound of the pickup was unexciting, but what fixed everything was a good shielding job and a re-doing of the solder. I would be disingenuous if I didn't disclose at this point, that I bought this do heavily modify, so it bears mention that the tone pot was tossed and the volume pot was replaced w/ a Fender 250k. The tone pot was replaced with a rotary Switch varitone that built myself. I also added a Quarter Pounder in the bridge position as well as a 5-way Switch to keep everything squared away... BUT, what is important for the purposes of this review is that I use the stock pickup as much as any other possible config on this bass, and it sounds GREAT with a competent solder job, and some comprehensive shielding. When plugged into my Rumble 30 w/ another bass, it just completely overpowers the other bass - almost like it's active. So I rate this a 7 because the potential is there and I can't say if the bulk of the sound improvement is from better components, better soldering, shielding, or any combo thereof. FWIW, the solder on the tone pot broke and killed the output, but that's covered below. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: Action was too high; neck was pretty flat and seems to be straight; the pickup was adjusted too low; there are some rough frets but nothing too serious; either the tone or volume knob was little scratchy; strings were crappy - I replaced them with some regular old Fender nickle short-scales .40-.95; The neck has a nice snug fit into the pocket. Of all the things one CANNOT change easily, the rough frets are the only things that I can complain about. For all the shipping and sitting around that these things do until they're bought, I can't complain about hight action or too much neck relief. I'll give it a 6 mostly because I hate rough frets and the pots are suspect. // 6

Reliability & Durability: As mentioned, the tone pot solder broke after I had it home for about 20 minutes. I pulled the pickguard and soldered the pickup straight to the jack so I could play it until my modification parts arrived. Now it holds tune as well as any of my other basses, and it doesn't really give me any trouble other wise. I'll give it a 5 since the broken solder may or may not be typical of all Broncos. // 5

Overall Impression: It is important to note that I bought this with the intention of using it as a project bass so the only thing I really was concerned aboyt was the wood and the frets. I asked to look at the one the had "in the back" since this one was a wall model, but when I pulled the "fresh" one out of the box, the strings were rusty and the frets felt like teeth on a saw blade. My demo model was a cream-puff in comparison. Definitely try before you buy. If you want a project platform, and/or you are somewhat technically inclined, you can't really go wrong for the purchase price and the cost of a couple of pots and replacement pickup at most. If you're NOT handy with tools and an iron, you may need to be prepared to look up-market or pay a tech to make it a custom right off the bat. FWIW, I've handled basses twice the price and more that felt worse than this one. If you can find a nice one - buy it. // 7

Bronco Bass Reviewed by: Nasoj, on july 12, 2011

Price paid: C$ 130

Purchased from: Sherwood Music

Features: My Squier Bronco Bass is a 2006, and it was made in Indonesia. It has 19 frets, (and a 20 1/2 inch short-scale) It's kinda like a strat in shape, but a little different. There's just 1 volume and 1 tone knob. There's just one 6 pole pick-up. Worst pick-up ever. // 6

Sound: I has a bad non-distorted sound, and a cheap distortion. I mostly play alternative and other rock. It suits it okay, but it'd probably be better for grunge. It has a HUGE variety of sounds. Not very good clean sound, though. Distortion is alright, though not revolutionary. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: I got this Bass used, and the action was fine, but a little low. The pickup was well adjusted. Frankly, though, it was slightly rusted hardware, one of the tuning pegs is a bit loose, the nut it plastic, and the fretwire could be better. It's a good bass for beginers, though. // 4

Reliability & Durability: This bass will withstand live playing! It is indestructible! The hardware is livible, though not very good. The strap buttons are incredible! The best I have ever seen. Although it's not the greatest bass, it's dependable for sure! The finish seems very thick. Reliability & Durability are this things strongest suit. // 8

Overall Impression: I play this bass with a simple Traynor 10 watt Bass Mate. If it were stolen, would I buy another one? No. I would probably get an EB-0 Bass (Epiphone). I love it's versitility. I hate it's pickup. I plan to keep it for a long time, and change the pick-up, and the bridge, and stuff like that. Overall, it's cheap in cost and quality. But some things (like the strap-buttons) are good. If you buy a good pickup as well, it's worthwhile. Otherwise, go with an EB-0. // 6

Bronco Bass Reviewed by: Ronbeast, on january 11, 2013

Price paid: C$ 175

Purchased from: Best Buy

Features: My Squier bronco was made in Indonesia in 2011. The bass has 19 frets and a scale length of 30" , and it's not the same scale length as a guitar as some reviews on this page have stated. The frets are medium-jumbo. The neck itself is a one-piece maple neck with a rosewood skunk stripe. One-piece necks have a tendency to warp over time due to the fact that there aren't conflicting grain patterns like there are in multiple piece necks, but right now the neck feels solid and comfortable. It's one of the most comfortable necks I've played. My only gripe is sharp fret edges, it is winter here so it could just be a case of fret spout; but given the basses price range I would just assume it was a QC issue from the factory. The bass has a solid body, made of agathis I believe. I've owned agathis bodied basses before and I have no complaints about it. People consider it a cheaper wood, but I've yet to have any problems with it. The finish is the signature poly finish that is used on most fenders, it's indestructable. I've tried to remove this stuff with a chemical paint stripper before, and the stripper has barely put a dent in this stuff. It's solid. Onto another thing that a lot of reviews on this page get wrong... The body style. I've seen too many reviews that say this bass was based on a stratocaster or a mustang, the simple fact is; it wasn't. This bass is actually based on the body styling of the Fender musicmaster bass that Leo Fender introduced in 1971. The Squier Bronco Bass was introduced when Squier discontinued the Squier "Vista" musicmaster bass. The bridge and tuners are lacking, but are usuable. Even with a new set of strings put on, the bass barely goes out of tune, which isn't bad; I've had basses that cost 10 times as much that went out of tune more often. The tuners don't turn very smoothly, but they work. These are the usual parts that people change on the bass, but I find that on my particular instrument, they work fine. I think the one part I will change on this bass is the nut, it looks like it was crudely cut in the factory and a new one couldn't hurt. The bass has passive electronics and a single affinity series stratocaster pickup in the middle/p-bass position. A lot of people complain about this pickup saying that it sounds "weak" or "Anemic" , and honestly, I disagree. I've tried it through many amps and find it to be on par with just about any other pickup in a bass at this price range. I thought I'd hate this pickup, but it gives me a great punk tone, while also being able to suit a bit of jazz if needed. The electronics do leave a bit to be desired, but they function properly. Lots of people say this bass hums and hisses, mine isn't any louder than another bass. I guess mine was shielded properly. I got a gig bag with this bass when I purchased it, and it's not a bad gig-bag either. I could definitely see myself using it. Both the bass and gig bag were on sale when I bought them. I'll give the bass a 7 because of the sharp fret edges and the functional-but-bare-minimum style hardware. // 7

Sound: I play every style of music I possibly can. I play in a classic rock cover band, as well as an alternative/ 90's cover band. I am also involved in a project that includes jazz, funk and punk. The bass can handle all of these styles with very few problems. I don't really use too many effects, but I do like to run the bass through my MXR distortion + and the dedicated overdrive channel on my amp on occasion. The bass sounds very good when distorted, but again, that's all subjective. The bass itself isn't very noisy. There is a bit of 60 cycle hum that you would expect due to the one single coil pickup, but other than that, it's as quiet as most other basses. The bass is a bit of a one-trick pony. Varying the tone knob does not yield radical changes in the tone. It basically has one sound, unless you change your technique. The bass has a very usable slap tone, it sounds warm when you finger pick it, and it can sound aggressive when using a pick. Overall, not the most versatile, but you can coax it into making some interesting/unique sounds. I'll give it an 8 to be fair. It is a one-trick pony, but it does that one-trick very well. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was pretty good when I bought this bass. It was setup with a medium action, I like a med-high action because I like to dig in. The bass could easily be setup lower, but it was set where I like it. I must complain about the intonation though, the bridge is the main culprit here. The bridge is basically a musicmaster bridge, except it has only two saddles like a telebass bridge. The fact that there are only two screws to adjust the intonation makes it very hard to get all of the strings perfectly intonated. You can get them close enough, but it seems never dead on. A common mod is to buy a musicmaster bridge for about $20 because they have 4 saddles, but they require drilling holes in the body for the string thru ferrules. Personally, the intonation on my bass is close enough that I consider that mod to be overkill. The bridge is perfectly centered on the body and all of the hardware lines up properly, nothing is out of place. Onto the frets and nut. This is where I think the bass lacks the most. I can deal with the bridge and tuners, but the frets and nut have to be perfect for me to be 100% satisfied. The fret edges are sharp to the touch, but a few minutes with a sanding block and some fine steel wool will correct that. The nut itself isn't terrible, it just looks rushed and a new graphite nut would do wonders for the setup. I feel that the frets and nut really dragged this bass down in this section. It's a shame that the bass didn't get that extra 15 minutes of QC, but that's how it goes in the mass produced market place. I'll give the bass a 6 because I'm a hard ass when it come to the feel of the neck. // 6

Reliability & Durability: I definitely think this bass will withstand live playing, and I will verify that in a week or so when I use it on a gig. The hardware is functional, not anything to write home about, but it works. The strap buttons are actually exceptional. I was surprised as I don't think my strap will ever come off. I think I could depend on this bass at a gig without a backup. There are very few things that can go wrong with this bass. Leo designed them to be very simplistic for a reason. The finish is definitely going to last. I've had a few basses with this Fender polyurethane finish on them, nothing short of a bomb will remove this stuff. I like the durability of this little bass. Because the bass doesn't really have any shortcomings in this section, I'll give it a 9. While it doesn't fail at anything, better tuners wouldn't hurt it. // 9

Overall Impression: As I've stated before, I play a lot of everything. Varying your technique is the trick to getting the most out of this bass, it can be used in a lot of different styles. I've been playing bass for 6 years and guitar for 4. I own a lot of gear and have a soft spot for the cheaper brands. I like to take cheaper basses and show people just what they are capable of. I don't need a $4000 alembic when I could get 20 of these for that price. I currently have 5 basses and 2 electric guitars, as well as a violin but that's a different story. The Bronco Bass fits into my stable very well. I think it will be around for a long time to come. I can't think of anything I should have asked prior to purchasing this bass. It was a very good deal. It was on sale, plus I get three free setups at 3, 6 and 12 month intervals. That's not a bad deal for best buy. If it were lost or stolen, I would buy a new one. The necks are the hidden gems on these basses. Incredibly comfy for a bass that can be had for under 2 bills. I'm already contemplating getting a second one just to mod it and see what I can really do with it. I love the neck on this thing, minus the fret edges. But, this thing is incredibly comfy regardless. Give it a try! Oh, also, the balance on this bass is perfect. If you take your hand of the neck, the bass won't dive for the floor, and the bass only weighs about 6 pounds to boot! I have some gripes with the hardware, but the stuff works, and it can be adjusted. There isn't really too much to compare this bass to, as there are very few comparable short-scales, but when compared to any of my long-scale basses, this thing is just as comfortable (if not more comfortable) and it sounds great. It sounds great in general, not just for the price. I chose this bass because I have always been interested in the musicmaster basses and really love the looks and design of them. This seemed like a good way to get my feet wet and see if a musicmaster style bass was the bass for me, and I do like it very much. Things I wish it had: graphite nut, better color options. I have nothing against red and black finishes, but if this thing was offered in seafoam green or sonic blue, I'd probably have 15 of these already. Well, I guess that is it for my review. Overall, this is a very usable bass and it doesn't deserve to be trashed like it has been. People tend to miss the big picture when they look at an instrument. They look at what an instrument IS, not what it COULD be. With about 15 minutes of setup work, I'll have a bass that could pay itself off after just one gig. Of course people will always wonder why their $150 bass doesn't play like a Fodera or Sadowsky, but you can never win with those people. This is a fine working mans bass at a reasonable price, what more do you need? I give the bass a 9 in this section. It's durable, sounds pretty good, it stands out from all the Precision basses and jazz basses that you see, and it's light enough to comfortably play a 4 hour set. I definitely recommend this bass, but be sure to play a lot of them! I chose mine from about 3 of these basses, and I chose the best of the bunch. Play before you pay, and enjoy! // 9

More Squier reviews rating category latest review
+ Vintage Modified Jaguar 2012 8.3 Electric Guitars 07/09/2014