Classic Vibe Jazz Review

manufacturer: Squier date: 10/27/2010 category: Bass Guitars
Squier: Classic Vibe Jazz
The bass was made in China it is in olympic white and it's a beauty! It has 20 frets and 4 string. It has a basswood body and it has a good acoustic sound to it.
 8.8
 8.6
 8.9
review (1) pictures (1) 15 comments vote for this gear:
Classic Vibe Jazz Reviewed by: rbnbass, on october 27, 2010

Price paid: € 345

Purchased from: Music Store germany

Features: The bass was made in China it is in Olympic white and it's a beauty! It has 20 frets and 4 string. It has a basswood body and it has a good Acoustic sound to it. The finish is olypmic white and has the classic Jazz Bass body style. I think it's beautiful! It has passive electronics so it has the volume controls for both pick ups and a useless tone switch I think because I have always kept it in the same position as I couldn't here much difference. It has Vintage tuners I believe that are open at the back, they look pretty! There were no accesoires accept for the standard tools. It would be cool if they had just given me a strap or a cable but that's due to the store I guess because I have bought some other stuff together with this lovely bass. So I give it a nine, it looks the way you want it too and the finish looks good. // 9

Sound: It suited my style of music immediatly. When I first got home with it, I was funking out on this thing. It is very good worth the money you pay for it, it has a nice clear and warm tone. However as the time went by, I now have it almost a year, I have bought a compression pedal for it so I could improve my tone even more. It now sounds nice, warm clear and clanky when I want to. It can sound more bass if I want to and it has a much better slap tone I think. I tried out some Fender Classic serie's basses too now, but they sound just the same as my bass together with the Boss LMB-3 pedal. And its 300 euro's cheaper than a Fender all together! The only complaint I do really have is the bridge pick up, it doesn't sound like Jaco's style it's more full then that sound. So the bridge pick up could have been beter in my opinion. I give it a 7 because overall, it sounds good but I had to change some things to it and the bridge pick up isn't that good. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: I don't really have any complains about the action and finish. It holds up well, in my opinion to well. I use it, I trash it because it's my bass and I put my feelings in it, I like a bass that looks kind off vintage. So if anyone wants a bass that has a good finish to it, this is the way to go! My bass has some cracks to it now, still sounds the same to me it sounds even better to be honest. So it holds up wel, only complain so far is that the strap button on the bridge side has come a little bit loose. But that's also due to the way I use it I guess. The bass was set up proper, no complaints about. Changed it a bit afterwards but just to my likings. The strings were nice but I replaced them quite often I have now found the strings I think are perfect with this bass. So after some changes I can give this bass an over 8 on the action fit and finish! Again due to my likings no bass is perfect I guess. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I have played many gigs with this bass, because it's my only bass I have no back up to this one. It has never failed on me though it's always good to have a back up bass. So I depend on this bass, I take it along with me everywhere I can play. The hardware will last, it is a real reliable bass. Like I said before, the finish is really strong and the only complaint was that the strap button got a little loose. But that's due to the way I treat it. It has fallen sometimes in my room because I didn't put it away well. It holds on very well according to the way I use the bass. Only flaw is the strap button thats loose so I give it a 9 on relaibillity & durabillity. // 9

Overall Impression: I play in a band, we play melodic funk rock if that's even a style. Basicly we combined melodic lines with a rock touch and it overall sounds funky due to the prominence of my bass and the sax. It's really nice sounding in my band I can make it sound like whooaa!! check out that bassplayer or be nice in the background. It cuts through the mix great! I really love this bass, I take it everywhere. I use it with a Hartke amp and my Boss LMB-3 compression pedal. I have tried out several basses like OLP's and some Ibanez basses and some other squiers but I'm really happy with the bass of my choice. I would never sell it because I have gone through a lot with it allready. I'm really into the Fender looks and this bass gives it. Tuning pegs are really pretty and the jazz bass body looks amazing! The finish is nice, the colour is really bright. The bass fits great for funk music, jazz music, pop and rock. Hard Rock and stuff don't sound to amazing on this bass. Really after all I did with it, this bass has earned a 10. It's sooooo niceeee!!! // 10

More Squier reviews rating category latest review
+ Standard Strat 7.5 Electric Guitars 08/25/2014