SJB 800 Review

manufacturer: Stellah date: 08/17/2012 category: Bass Guitars
Stellah: SJB 800
22 frets, 34" Scale, Maple neck and fretboard. For the price, I doubt you will get any better.
 9.2
 8.8
 9.5
review (1) pictures (3) user comments vote for this gear:
SJB 800 Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 17, 2012

Price paid: € 129

Purchased from: Guitar Warehouse

Features: 22 frets, 34" Scale, Maple neck and fretboard (Bolt on) Ash body. Solid ash body with dark stain, and a high gloss finish (I doubt the finish will wear at all). Lovely Jazz body, Jazz style bridge and open tuners. Passive Electronics and two volume, one tone knob. // 9

Sound: For the price, I doubt you will get any better. I bought it to mess around on, but after playing I can see this coming into rotation at gigs. It suits how I play, although, I may take off the Bridge PUP cover in the future. I play through a Laney DP150 4x10 and this thing really does sound good. It's the only JB config bass I own. (The rest are MM config, and one double soapbar). Tonal variety, same as any JB. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The finish was flawless, no blemishes on the body, neck or fretboatd. The frets were nicely dressed, and don't need any work. There is a TINT gap between neck and body (Enough for a sheet of paper) but that's all! I may replace the nut in the future. // 8

Reliability & Durability: It seems like a very slid piece of kit, well above what I was expecting and see it lasting the course! // 9

Overall Impression: I have 4 other basses, and would have no problems gigging this. You will get brand snobbery, but if something sounds, and plays well, who are others to judge? I would buy this bass again, and I'll definitely be using Guitar warehouse again. I love the grain on the body, and if I had to choose this, or say, a Squier for 200e more, I'd choose this. Thumbs up! // 9

More Stellah reviews rating category latest review
+ 6 String Fretless Bass Guitar Kit 4.2 Bass Guitars 06/13/2012