RVB 2 Review

manufacturer: Tanglewood date: 03/13/2006 category: Bass Guitars
Tanglewood: RVB 2
It has the light sunburst finish on the body and is a good replica of the Paul McCartney original. Passive pickups, 2 volume controls - 1 for each humbucker pickup.
 7.5
 7.6
 7.3
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
RVB 2 Reviewed by: Drakey, on march 13, 2006

Features: First things first, this bass is light - so light in fact that the head is heavier than the body. The neck is rosewood and has a scaled down frets (much better for fast finger work). It has the light sunburst finish on the body and is a good replica of the Paul Macnartney original. Passive pickups, 2 volume controls - 1 for each humbucker pickup. Bass switch, treble switch, rhythm/solo switch. Came with gig bag. // 8

Sound: For the stuff I play (Blink 182, Arctic Monkeys, Blur), it isn't the best but for more classical stuff it has the good deep sound. I just use a Crusier 50W bass amp and just need a bit of shape to give it a nice, rich sound. I would not advise someone who lays slap bass to get this as the strings are very close together. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The action can easil be adjusted and I did this slightly after I got it just to suit myself. The pickups were set at a avarge level but I may adjust them to get them prefect. The jack though was not tightend properly when I got it and so had to spend half an hour fishing out from the inside. Otherwise it was of averge construction, no life shatterings flaws. // 7

Reliability & Durability: Live it is good - light as a feather and god to play. I don't know if it will last constantly played live as I bought this for mainly recording purposes but the strap button are very secure and the finish, though needs wiping as your finger pints show up all over it very easily, is superb. // 8

Overall Impression: It doesn't match perfectly with punk or indie stuff but is fun to play. Compared to my second hand Encore precission copy, which is, for 85 abolutly awesome (if you're starting out get one of those) it is very different. If it were stolen or lost I'm not sure if I'd buy it again - the Mark Hoppus is the one I'm getting next but I do enjoy playing it. // 7

More Tanglewood reviews rating category latest review
+ TW130 ASM CE 9 Acoustic Guitars 07/24/2014