Corvette Classic 5-String Review

manufacturer: Warwick RockBass date: 03/27/2012 category: Bass Guitars
Warwick RockBass: Corvette Classic 5-String
The RockBass Corvette, available in a gloss black or transparent blue gloss finish, is sure to please any musician without draining their pocketbooks.
 Action, Fit & Finish: 9.5
 Features: 9.5
 6.9
 9.8
reviews (2) pictures (2) 7 comments vote for this gear:
Corvette Classic 5-String Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 10, 2004

Features: Active MEC pickups, 2-band active electronics, 2-piece alder body, Scale: 34", Warwick Red Label M strings, bolt-on neck, Rosewood fingerboard, String spacing: 16.5mm, RockBass one-piece bridge, plus it uses a 9-volt battery. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This is sooo great to play almost orgasmic. Mine is black, the pickups are great, it's the greatest thing to play if you find it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I haven't really had the chance to play it live but when I practice with it I put it through a test. I can do the old 80s guitar throw and I've hit the wall and it still stays in tune and sounds great. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall this is a kick ass bass and every 4 stringer making the jump to get a 5 string get this you won't be dissapointed. // 10

Corvette Classic 5-String Reviewed by: reaper08, on march 27, 2012

Price paid: A$ 1049

Purchased from: HaworthGuitars

Features: Germany always seems to design and create beautiful basses, and this is sure a finishing touch from Warwick. This 24 fret, Alder body, Maple neck, Rosewood fingerboard 5-string bass from Warwick features 2 Active MEC J/J pickups with 2-way electronics. The bass also features Warwick Security locks, a one piece bridge and a bolt on neck. The fingerboard measures at 500mm (20") and the scale length reaches about 34". // 9

Sound: I've played in many different bands each differing in styles and genres. I can say with confidence this bass suites about anything you can throw at it. Funk, Metal, Rock, Soul, Punk, Latin, Electronic, Ska, just to name a few. I use this bass with a Line 6 LowDown 300W bass amp and Line 6 FBV Effects pedal. The LD can really transform the sound this bass produces especially on the effect labelled "Brit". I use this with a full High Mid tone, medium Drive as to get that "piggish" effect similar to death metal bassists like Alex Webster, without distorting the sound. I have bass facing about 3 o'clock and treble around 4 o'clock. But I've played this baby on a variety of amps, both active and passive inputs and it sounds amazing. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was perfect when I purchased it, however the B string needed to be raised a tad so it could drone. The pickups sound brilliant, MEC and Warwick work together efficiently. The finish was perfect and every dial/control worked fine. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I played my High School Certificate Music Performance using this bass, as well as a few more gigs, and this bass has not let me down. As long as you look after it, it will look after your performance. I dust it and polish it which also proved how quality the finish is, I have yet to scratch or bump this bass. The strap buttons are solid and reliable, however due to the weight of this bass, I've stretched a few strap holes, but I improvised by sewing around the hole which creates pressure and resistance from the weight of the bass on the strap. I've never used or needed a backup with this bass, it is totally dependable. // 10

Overall Impression: Whilst with my death metal project, this bass stood out over all other instruments regarding tone. It has such a good mid variety when plucked/slapped/finger picked with force. I usually play with my fingers or slap, but whether or not you use a pick you will be satisfied. I've been playing bass for about 9 years now, and I've owned this bass for a year and a half. I also own a Squire P-Bass, a Fender Jazz and an unnamed Yamaha bass (due to losing the receipt). I would most definitely buy it again, although the price range above is $1049, I actually got it bargained down to $839 due a previous sale on all metal basses, and because I was friends with the guy who is in charge of selling the basses. I just overall love this bass but most of all the MEC pickups on it. // 10

More Warwick RockBass reviews rating category latest review