XB102 Review

manufacturer: Washburn date: 06/24/2011 category: Bass Guitars
Washburn: XB102
Has nice brights, but when you dip down, she gets angry. Not a wildly versatile bass, but with P/J pickups, you can do a lot with it.
 6.8
 9.4
 4.2
review (1) pictures (6) 12 comments vote for this gear:
XB102 Reviewed by: ***Hydra***, on june 24, 2011

Purchased from: ebay

Features: - 2002 - Body Material = ALDER - Gloss top = Sunburst - Top Overlay = Yes - Binding = None - Scale = 34 inches - Number of frets = 20 - Nut width = 1.57 inches - Joining style = Bolt on - Joined at = 16th Fret - Neck material = Maple Natural Mat - Neck Depth-1st fret = 0.6 inch - Neck Depth-9th fret = 0.67 inch - Headstock Shape = Washburn XB Headstock: BLK Gloss - Headstock Binding = None - Headstock Graphic = XB102 - Logo Style Print = WH Logo "Washburn Bantam Series" - Radius = 15.75 inches - Passive P & J pickups // 9

Sound: Mmmm... Yum, Growly! Has nice brights, but when you dip down, she gets angry. I mostly play rock/metal. Occasional country. Not a wildly versatile bass, but with P/J pickups, you can do a lot with it. It suits my needs just fine. When I want warm, I get it. When I want bright, I find it. When I want growl, she growls. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I got this bass used off of ebay, from a studio owner who said this 2002 bass had less than 20 hours played on it. Looking at it, I believe him. It's still a warm, thick gloss, and the sunburst has a touch of violence to it. For a 2002 bass, this thing is a 9.5/10. Action and adjustments were made by ebay seller, and it is sweet. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This isn't a top-o'-the-line bass, but who gives a sh-t? We're not all pro-status. When this guitar came out in 2002, it sold for $400 USD. It's got fine balance, great tone, and at the very least, I'd use her as my backup. Solid build and tasty sustain, I could not ask for more. // 10

Overall Impression: I think she's beautiful. I named her Nephthys. She's got an amazing darkness to her edges, leading to a violent burst of Orange in the middle, with yellow streaks. The finish on her still looks new. She's gonna be around for a loooooong time. I got her for only $86.00 USD off ebay. Others on ebay are selling used for $300.00, now, so I got an insane deal. I would look into buying another, if she died. Get a Washburn XB102, if only as a backup. Your brain will be crushed and happy. // 10

More Washburn reviews rating category latest review
+ RX10 8 Electric Guitars 10/17/2014