XB120 Left Handed Review

manufacturer: Washburn date: 02/22/2006 category: Bass Guitars
Washburn: XB120 Left Handed
A pro featured lefthanded bass at an entry level price. Washburn has loaded this monster with top end features such as die cast Schaller-type tuners and a fine tuning bridge. The two HOT soapbar pickups with a three way selector allows every bassist to go off the "deep end" to explore new tones and create their groove.
 7.2
 9.8
 4.6
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
XB120 Left Handed Reviewed by: leftyrockr, on february 22, 2006

Features: This bass is a very high quality instrument with great hardware. My bass was the quilted amber version, and I love the coloring. I'm not sure where it was made, but it was new when I bought it. It didn't come with any accessories, but at the price($149), you can afford to buy the accessories separately. The tuners are Black Shaller tuners, which work and look great with the bass. There are 24 frets that are pretty big, but it is still playable. It has 2 active soapbar pickups (Washburn 941 and 943)that sound great. // 10

Sound: I play mostly speed metal, and this bass suits it perfectly. Even when I play some classic rock, it sounds great. I use it on my Behringer Thunderbird, and it has a full sound. This bass offers a great, rich sound all the time. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up perfectly at the factory, and I cannot find any cosmetic flaws. I have inspected it from top to bottom, and I can't find anything wrong with this bass. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This bass will last a long time. It may seem cheap from the price, but the list price is $550, so you know that some effort was put into making this guitar. The hardware is great, and I am certain that it would last through a gig without needing a backup. The finish seems great too. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, this bass rocks. If you are in the market for buying a quality lefty bass, this is the one to choose. I compared this to other basses, and none were as good. If this was stolen, I would buy it again in a heartbeat. This bass leaves nothing to be desired. // 10

More Washburn reviews rating category latest review
+ WI66PRO 8.6 Electric Guitars 04/28/2014