Heavier Than Heaven: A Biography Of Kurt Cobain Review

artist: Charles R Cross date: 08/19/2011 category: books
Charles R Cross: Heavier Than Heaven: A Biography Of Kurt Cobain
Complete with gossip and meticulous references, the biography will catch the devotees, though, like junk food, it may leave them feeling unnourished. 16 pages b&w photos.
 Richness of Content: 9.7
 Style: 9.3
 9.1
 9.4
 8.8
reviews (3) 7 comments vote for this book:
Heavier Than Heaven: A Biography Of Kurt Cobain Reviewed by: Rockstar112, on october 20, 2008

Richness of Content: Heavier than Heaven is a book filled with many, if not all, the details of the famed Kurt Cobain's life and tragic death. It is rich in that it covers every aspect of his life from his dysfunctional conception and family life, to his spiralling drug addiction and increasingly frail mental state. Charles R. Cross went through great lengths to get the information he did to compile this history of Cobain. He had exclusive access to diary entries and pictures of Cobain from his wife Courtney Love. With this valuable information he used it to his advantage to create a perception of Cobain the world had yet to see when it was published. // 10

Style: Charles R. Cross is a master in the way of which he tells Cobain's story. It's almost as if he was there with Kurt all along his journey of life the way he describes everything with a crucuial emphasis on Kurt's increasingly desperate situation. He puts a lot on the fact that it is quite hard to believe that such a bright, talented, and happy boy could become the sad, tortured soul he became. // 9

Overall Impression: This book is a well researched, well written, biography on the life of Kurt Cobain. With access to over 400 interviews, diaries, and pictures he creates a vivid picture of the life he led. I would gladly reccomend this book to any and all Kurt Cobain loyals. // 9

Heavier Than Heaven: A Biography Of Kurt Cobain Reviewed by: ControlledExperiment, on march 24, 2008

Richness of Content: "Heavier Than Heaven" a biography of Kurt Cobain or as he would refer himself as Kurdt Kobain (his alter ego). When Cobain was a teenager he told his friends "I'm going to be superstar musician, kill myself and go out in a flame of glory." He sure as hell did that. The reason I first started playing guitar was because I was the video of nirvana unplugged in New York, soon after hearing pennyroyal tea and come as you are I was instantly hooked to nirvana, I would spend hours on Wikipedia reading about lead singer and guitarist Kurt Cobain, bass player Kris Novaslic and drummer Dave Grohl. After reading articles about books and movies written about the last days of Cobain, I learned about this one book in particular "Heavier Then Heaven" named after one of nirvana's early tours. My friend had gone to Seattle for summer vacation and I had asked him to get me this book. I paid about 15$, and it was well worth it. the book describes how he was once a innocent kid, in a perfect family all the way until he was drug abusing rock star Who committed suicide. The book describes talks about his adventures, lies, concerts, love life, his influences. I have to say this is a book worth reading. // 9

Style: Very descriptive, especially at the end. He has had 400 different interviews over the four years of writing this book. He writes as if it were through the eyes of an angel (or demon) looking on Cobain's Back. every detail, every smell, every color, everything. // 9

Overall Impression: This book has no downsides to it in my opinion. The book has everything you need and want to know about the beloved Kurt Cobain. There is nothing that cannot be spoken bad about this book. So, if you like reading and you like nirvana (or not) I recommend this book to everybody and anybody. // 9

Heavier Than Heaven: A Biography Of Kurt Cobain Reviewed by: BlackSpiders!!!, on august 19, 2011

Richness of Content: There was a lot of metion of herion or bleach basically heavier than heaven was all about drugs all thought I look up to kurt I found this quite dissapointing. The content was all out of his journels apartb from some interviews Courtney gave Charles R Cross. // 10

Style: The writing style from this book was mixed by Charles R Crosses research of kurt but also thanks to courntey love a mixture of pages from his own personal thoughts the majority of it was personal thoughts and rhetorical questions but mainly personal thoughts but there were allot of qoutations for kurt cobains journel for example I think it was kinda like a horror story thought. // 10

Overall Impression: I loved the detail in this book it was simply amazing I never knew how trap this artist really was I felt sorry for Courntey and Frances thought because Courntey lost a lover and frances lost her dad althought I despise Courntey I do not think she should have sold his jounels to the press years later that was just really dissrespectful. Overall I thought this book was AWESomely Cool. // 10

More Charles R Cross reviews rating latest review