Fargo Rock City Review

artist: Chuck Klosterman date: 12/25/2007 category: books
Chuck Klosterman: Fargo Rock City
With a voice like Ace Frehley's guitar, Klosterman hacks his way through hair-band history, beginning with that fateful day in 1983 when his older brother brought home Mtley Cre's Shout at the Devil.
 Richness of Content: 10
 Style: 10
 9.5
review (1) 4 comments vote for this book:
Fargo Rock City Reviewed by: Kipyt, on december 25, 2007

Richness of Content: Chuck Klosterman (author of Sex Drugs And Cocoa Puffs, and Killing Yourself To Live) writes his first book; Fargo Rock City (a heavy metal odyssey in Rural North Dakota) where he explores the lives of famous rockstars while dreaming of being one himself, with epic loads of wit, and his sense of humor, this is a book any heavy rocker will enjoy! // 10

Style: Chuck Klosterman is a witty author, he was a movie, and music critic for Ohio's Akron Beacon Journal, all up until he wrote this book, which afterwards he was offered a job for Spin magazine, to give you an idea of how good this author is. This book will satisfy your 1980s heavy metal literature wants and needs entirely, while making you laugh at the same time. // 10

Overall Impression: This book kept me interested all the way, I read it in school, at home, in bed, I read it when I was kidnapped by Richard Simmons, and I never put it down, this book made me laugh, made me feel a slight sensation in my pants that led me to want to emit emotional salty liquid from my eyes and I'm sure you'll feel the same if you give this book a read. // 10

More Chuck Klosterman reviews rating latest review