No One Here Gets Out Alive: The Biography Of Jim Morrison Review

artist: Jerry Hopkins and Dany Sugerman date: 01/08/2013 category: books
Jerry Hopkins and Dany Sugerman: No One Here Gets Out Alive: The Biography Of Jim Morrison
"No One Here Gets Out Alive: The Biography Of Jim Morrison" is a good book for anyone who wants to know more about this band. I like the middle where it describes the fallout between the bands.
 Richness of Content: 10
 Style: 10
reviews (2) 1 comment vote for this book:
No One Here Gets Out Alive: The Biography Of Jim Morrison Reviewed by: defleppettychik, on december 05, 2008

Richness of Content: This story about Jim Morrison's life was so powerful! It left a huge impact on me. The way the authors describe and tell the story really grab you by your shirt collar and makes you feel like you are there with Jim, Pamela (Jim's girlfriend), and the rest of Jim's friends. It is very addicting. // 10

Style: The style is like a Documentary except in book form. It guides you through like a story, but tells you and informs you about Jim and his surroundings. The way they tell you almost every little detail just makes you feel like you knew Jim. They style of the story is just beyond amazing. // 10

Overall Impression: I loved how the authors made you feel like you were there with Jim during his whole life. During the ups and downs of his career. I also loved how they pointed out what drugs and alcohaul can do to you. The only thing I hate about the story is at the end when Jim passes away, they tell it in such a depressing way. It truly makes you feel like you are in the story though. Overall it is a great book about a rockstar, but it still teachers you some of the factors of life. // 10

No One Here Gets Out Alive: The Biography Of Jim Morrison Reviewed by: ws6transam, on january 08, 2013

Richness of Content: The book was about Jim Morrison's life. It had a great portion devoted to Jim Morrison's life. An even greater portion was devoted to his college life. And the majority of the book was about Jim Morrison's adult life/musical career. Throughout the book it was extremely interesting to follow Jim Morrison's evolution (like how he turned into such a crazy party animal, drug addict, poet). After the part of the book where Jim Morrison dies there is a portion (small portion) devoted to some conspiracy theories about his death and the legacy that he left when he died. // 10

Style: The writing style was like a biography. The only difference is that it was fit for any rock fan to read and not just some bookworms. I was only 14 when I read it (although I can read one grade level above my own) and I felt that it was extremely easy to read. Some words (usually the sexual terms) I didn't always know what they meant (and now I'm 16 and in 10th grade and I still don't know what they mean, and I'm not some nerdy kid) were usually abnormal terms and/or terms that mean something usual (i.e.: fellacio) but aren't usually used (people use the term blow job). // 10

Overall Impression: My favorite part of the book was that for the 2 month period that I read the book (I didn't read it every day only a few days a week for at most an hour each day I read it) I felt like I was living in Jim Morrison's life. Some aspects of his life I could relate to my own and some aspects made me jealous at how cool he was and how not I can be. It really changed my opinion on Morrison. He was a total bad ass and that's hard to come by in the Rock and Roll world. What I didn't like about the book was the quality of the paper and the pictures were in black and white (but that's not a big deal for me, especially because the book was written in the 70s). // 10

Comments