Does The Noise In My Head Bother You? Review

artist: Steven Tyler date: 10/28/2011 category: books
Steven Tyler: Does The Noise In My Head Bother You?
Legendary Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler released his autobiography, titled "Does The Noise In My Head Bother You?". The book is a first hand account of life in one of America's biggest and best hard rock groups.
 Richness of Content: 8
 Style: 7
 3.7
 7.3
review (1) user comments vote for this book:
Does The Noise In My Head Bother You? Reviewed by: Battman1993, on october 28, 2011

Richness of Content: Earlier this year, legendary Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler released his autobiography, titled "Does The Noise In My Head Bother You?". The book is a first hand account of life in one of America's biggest and best hard rock groups. As you can expect, there is tons of drug stories and the general debauchery you have come to expect from rock stars. Along the way, Steven takes the reader through the recording of legendary albums like "Get Your Wings" and "Rocks". He offers hilarious advice, and waxs poetic about drugs. There is so much detail about Tyler's various addictions (he's been addicted to almost anything under the sun) that you can almost smell cocaine on the pages of this book. It's gossipy, and Steven gives us a long look into the relationship between him and Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry. Overall, the gossip, detail and musical factor makes for a entertaining ride on the sex, drugs, and rock n' roll train. // 8

Style: The book is written in mostly autobiographical form, following a timeline of Steven's life. However, he oftens jumps around from one topic to another suddenly. It is kind of annoying if you are trying to follow along in order, but overall it's not too bad. There is a lot of profanity and graphic detail about drugs and sex. It's not bad, and entertaining (mostly). // 7

Overall Impression: I like a lot about this book. I like how Steven gives us a glimpse into his early musical years, and guides readers through the recording sessions of Aerosmith's legendary albums. There is tons and tons of detail about Steven's addictions and such. The main thing that annoys me is that Steven jumps around A LOT. It's a bit hard to follow at times, but considering how much drugs he has done, it's not surprising that the book is a little disjointed in spots, a lot like Steven's mental state. AND sadly, there is little mention of the new album Aerosmith is currently recording. For a huge Aerosmith fan like myself, that is a big disappoint. But, I do recommend picking up "Does The Noise In My Head Bother You?". It's entertaining and if you ever wanted to get inside of Steven Tyler's mind, this book is a nice glimpse into the mind of a rockstar. // 7

Comments