12 Stones Review

8.9
 9.5
 8.2
12 Stones Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 10, 2004

Sound: 12 Stones is a great hard rock christian band. You don't have to be a christian to appreciate the talent these guys have. They have an awesome heavy post-grunge sound with great guitar riffs. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics of this cd are very good. They did a great job blending the vocals with the instruments. The best songs are "The Way I Feel", "Broken", "Home", and "Open Your Eyes". // 10

Overall Impression: This is a great cd that I found really cheap at Wal-Mart. I recommend it for any rock fan. // 10

12 Stones Reviewed by: Almost Acoustic, on august 09, 2005

Sound: 12 Stones is a post-grunge/hard rock band. They don't have any slow ballads, all of thier songs are very loud and energetic, with fast paced guitar and drum riffs, and screaming vocals. You can pretty much head bang to every song. The sound is near perfect, although some listeners might not appreciate the lack of creativity. There are a lot of alt. rock bands out today, that steal evey one elses guitar styles, however, 12 Stones has a very unique sound that is relatively new to the genre. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are very powerful, and are free from any objectionable content. I am a christian, and I listen to alot of rock music. It is good to see a rock band of my taste, using christian lyrics. For example, the hit song "The Way I Feel," cries out for Jesus. "I hate the way I fell tonight, and I know I need you in my life." "In the midst of darkness Lord, my spirit calls for you." All the lyrics are positive, and very uplifting. Paul Mcoy's voice is amazing. His voice can be very soft at times, but he also adds in some screaming vocals. His voice is very moving, and catchy. // 10

Overall Impression: This album is one of my favorites in my CD collection, there is nothing that I hate about it. If this CD were stolen or lost, I would be very upset, and I would get a new one right away. If you are looking for a hard rock band, that uses positive messages, this is the band for you. // 10

12 Stones Reviewed by: ahintofdelonge, on july 17, 2003

Sound: This is one of the heaviest cd's I've ever heard. (No, I don't listen to Slipknot. They're very similar to Creed (signed to the same label), but have a much heavier sound. // 8

Overall Impression: Eric Weaver, the guitarist, is completely amazing. Their 1st single, Broken, is a very good song although it is missing a lead. Most of the other songs have a sweet lead! Oh man, the 1st listen almost made me pee myself. Track 3, The Way I Feel, is definately a highlight on the album. Track 8, Soulfire, is also a great song combining a cool, almost tribal drumbeat, and a sweet guitar riff. The singer can do it all. There are many instances where he screams, but he is also very melodic. I just got the cd for $7.99, and it's definately one of the top cd's in my collection.(Next to Blink 182 and Boxcar Racer). // 8

12 Stones Reviewed by: Metal Matt, on october 10, 2003

Sound: Alright if you're looking for great rock music than look no further. Eric Weaver, the guitarist, is simply one of the best new rock guitarists around right now. The guy plays lead guitar for crying out loud(What an innovative idea)!! The sound is sort of like 3 Doors Down meets Creed but that's not really a fair comparison because 12 stones blow both those bands out of the water. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrical content of this album has a very strong christian/positive message which I personally think is awesome, not only because of what they are saying but because they don't absolutely suck while saying it which is a rare occurence when talking about a christian rock band. The only problem with the lyrics is that the singer uses phrases like "I need you now," all the time. It's kind of like a game to see how many times you can count him saying it. // 8

Overall Impression: This album is simply amazing from start to finish. The guitarists not plays lead but he plays it well. They fuse the rhythm guitar sound of today with the lead sound of the 80's(when lead was good). The singer is great and the rhythm section does an excellent job as well. Not only that but, each song hits you in completely different way (unlike, oh say Creed, whose songs sounds exactly the same, except for the Weathered CD). I'd love to reccomend some personal favorites but they are all so great... but if I had to choose I'd probably say, Fade Away, Broken, or The Way I Feel. So what are you still doing here? Go buy this CD!!! ...now! // 10

12 Stones Reviewed by: cixelsyd, on november 13, 2003

Sound: For a christian band they are actually pretty good. I think you can mosh to some of there songs and sing along to there softer ones. // 8

Lyrics: There positive and have a good meaning, so if your down with talking about killing yourself or killing other people then you wont like this band. The singer can sing and it mixes well with their sound. // 8

Overall Impression: I thought it was a good enough album were I didn't have to change songs for just 1 good song. I think I'd buy this album again when I lose it or just get it burned. For a christian band there pretty heavy. // 8

12 Stones Reviewed by: SRVGuitarFreak, on december 02, 2003

Sound: The first thing I noticed about this album when I out it in was the awesome sound. I was totally floored, I stood with my mouth open as the chunky guitar riffs were coming through the radio. The clean sound is very clean on the guitar, then the distortion couldn't get any more heavy and chunky. The guitar solo's are something fresh and new which I was very glad for. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics were not the first thing that got my attention but after I got past gawking at the music I found they were very good. Not exactly as deep as Creed or something but they still put out a good message and he can sing very well, I like his voice. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall this album kicks major butt! For some reason radio stations aren't playing them much, but that can change. This is by far alot better than most songs on the radio as I type, it definetly compares. If this album was lost or stolen I would go right back and buy it, it's one of my favorite albums I own. I still cannot believe it's a first album, you wouild never guess it, sounds so professional. So all I have to say is, if you like heavy but melodic music go out and BUY this album, don't download it because the band needs support, we can't have talent like this just go away in our music today, support the band! // 10

12 Stones Reviewed by: Rocker3829, on january 06, 2004

Sound: Flat out awesome. This is one of the few good Christian rock bands I've heard. Eric Weaver, the guitarist (y'all should know this by now from the other reviews) is incredible. His solos in "Erics Song", "The Way I Feel" and "Crash" are amazing. He plays lead guitar, and does it very well. The vocals, guitars, bass, and drums all are a great combination. // 10

Lyrics: Positive message and they kick ass while doing it. Pretty hard to come by this these days. // 10

Overall Impression: I love this cd. The guitar riffs are incredible. Even the bass and drums good perfect with the album. McCoy can sing, Weaver is what I'm saying the best NEW rock guitarist. I'd definitely buy this album again. // 10

12 Stones Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 19, 2004

Sound: Wow, I was blown away with this CD. I was expecting a better than normal Christian CD. What I found was a brilian ROCK CD. It totaly hit me differently than what I expected. Eric Weaver is a great quitarist and he plays lead very well. They have a great sound I was impressed. // 10

Lyrics: Lyrics are prety good. They fit in with the songs good. The singer has a great voice. // 10

Overall Impression: I think this is one of the better CDs released this year. I love the guitarist and the singers voice. The most impresive track are "The Way I feel" "Inside my Head" "Home" "Soulfire" But realy, every song on this CD is impressive. Its hard to believe that this is their first CD. They sound so pro. // 10

12 Stones Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 18, 2004

Sound: The sound of this CD can only be described as simply awesome! The guitar riffs and solos are the greatest iv ever heard and Paul on vocals is by far my favorite singer of all time. While their drummer doesnt seem to be that skilled this band while not being very well known has managed to bring a christian theme to great music and pull it off with ease. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics of every song on the album are exteremely relatable and yet are also great with the music and still hold the christian theme. Songs like "The Way I Feel," "Crash" and "Running Out Of Pain" are simply the most spiritual and deepest lyrics that I've ever heard. // 10

Overall Impression: The greatest cd ever! Go buy it! Paul's lyrics and singing ability are unmatched-as you probably know for his grammy winning backup singing for Evanescence in "Bring Me To Life". Kevin's guitar playing is simple the greatest iv ever heard making this by far my favorite band of all time! Their sequal to the album is also great but doesn't have as many single great songs on it but of course its also my second favorite CD with songs like "Far Away," "Stay," and "Photograph" but since they have a second guitar player now the solos are fewer yet still far worth the money. // 10

12 Stones Reviewed by: Guitar_picker_1, on november 24, 2005

Sound: First time I heard this song was when I first joined a church youth group. I was playing pool while the usual playlist of Christian songs was playing through and the song "The Way I Feel" came on. It completely blew my mind. Its amazing how they blend a smokin' guitar, kickin' vocals, deep Christian lyrics and insane solos, to give it a more secular sound. They next day I went out and bought that CD and 2 years later I still listen to it. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are excellent, I would really recommend sitting in a dark room listening to this and thinking about it. It's great to have other options instead of having to listen to listen to "I can only imagine" 50 million times. Even through a christian perpective, the lyrics, just like the over all sound of the music, is very unique. // 10

Overall Impression: This album is one of the most cherished CD's that I own. the best songs are "Crash," "In My Head," "Fade Away," "The Way I Feel," "Soulfire" and "Home." If this were lost or stolen I would definitly go out and buy another. They need to start playing this on the radio more! // 10

More 12 Stones reviews rating latest review