Anthem For The Underdog Review

12 stones: Anthem For The Underdog
Release Date: Aug 14, 2007
Label: Wind-Up
Genres: Post-Grunge, Hard Rock
They use a very post-grunge style that varies from pretty hard to pretty soft.
 7.3
 6.3
 8.3
review (1) 11 comments vote for this album:
Anthem For The Underdog Reviewed by: AmplifySilence, on august 20, 2007

Sound: I guess you could say that the music is good. They use a very post-grunge style that varies from pretty hard to pretty soft. Their most upbeat song is probably "Adrenaline" and it is a great rock song. The softest is "Lie to Me [Acoustic]". It is obviously the acoustic version of a song also on the CD, but it is a nice ballad. Overall a good sound. Nothing way too impressive, however. // 8

Lyrics: Lyrically, the band has room for improvement. A lot of clichs used, some rhymes sound forced, and a lot of lines just sound corny (At least I thought so). For example, "This Dark Day" starts out like this, "I'm flushing the pills/I've lost all my will/.../and I can't rewind/I'm the suffering kind..." It just sounds way too corny. They did have some nice lines in there, however, like a lot of lines in the verses of "lie to Me", or in "Broken Road. As for the singer, he has an average singing voice. He does a nice job screaming, not too out of control. // 4

Overall Impression: Some of the better songs here are "Lie to Me" and the acoustic version of the same song, "Broken Road" which, by the way, was co-written by Chris Daughtry, in case you care-, "Hey Love" is a sweet little ballad, and "Adrenaline" rocks. I actually didn't dislike any song on the album, but I only loved a few of them. If it got stolen I actually wouldn't buy it again, but I'd keep it on my MP3 player. I listen to it while I clean my house. It's good for that.But it is a pretty good CD, just not a super standout. // 7

More 12 Stones reviews rating latest review