30 Seconds To Mars Review

30 seconds to mars: 30 Seconds To Mars
Released: Aug 13, 2002
Label: Immortal
Genres: Post-Grunge
There is nothing amazing on this album, but every once in a while you get into one of those moods where this album just sounds awesome.
 9.2
 9.2
 9.1
30 Seconds To Mars Reviewed by: killmequickly28, on september 30, 2005

Sound: I see a lot of reviews for the new album but none for this one which is a little odd. Don't get me wrong, the new album is badass. But it doesn't come close to this one mainly because while there similar in sound. Their musical styles are completely different. The music in this album is alot less mainstream sounding and more futuristic than "A Beatiful Lie." // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are good. A little weird at times, but Jared Leto is an amazing vocalist with a lot of talent. I really think this album showcases his skills better than the new album. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall, this album is really, really good, in my opinion its better than the new one. I still recommend picking up "A Beautiful Lie" but if you want a more raw and rock sounding effort, then this is perfect for you and id start with it first. Songs that really showcase what a great band this is are: Capricorn, Fallen, Oblivion, Edge Of The Earth, and my favorite The End Of The Beginning. Great debut by one of the only good bands if not the only good band to have been put together by an actor. // 9

30 Seconds To Mars Reviewed by: xANTxxMANx, on september 08, 2006

Sound: You can get totally lost in this album. Of course this band has changed a lot from this album to the next one, I think they have nailed what this generation of rock has lacked. Their guitars and different ambient noises make you seem like your in space (which is the subject of most of the songs). These guys are impressive and can be listened to over and over. Note that 30 seconds to mars isnt for everyone, but I know their is an audiance that craves this music like this and this band delivers. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are somewhat bland. I have to say that I'm not impressed with this albums lyrics but the group definatly improved as far as creating a story for each song in the new CD "A Beautiful Lie." Jared's singing is amazing, he's is one of the best singers of all time in my book. His raspy screams and his melodic tones in the songs can really alter your mood. So really. The lyrics might be complete cheese, but after a while you actually start to like it, not to mention his voice makes up for it. // 8

Overall Impression: These guys are a new kind of emo-rock band, I am into breaking benjamin and stuff like that but I like this group. I Would say their best songs are "Fallen", "Capricorn (A Brand New Name)", and "Oblivion". I Love how these guys can't be really compared to anyone else as far as sound style goes. The downfall is that they were lost to mainstream "emo" music lovers. // 10

30 Seconds To Mars Reviewed by: Dammerung, on january 16, 2006

Sound: 30 Seconds To Mars has a very unique and ambient sound. Every song on this album is different and enjoyable, and none of them ever get old or dull. This album, after 2+ years is just as enjoyable to listen to now as it was then. The vocals are great. Jared Leto makes for an excellent lead singer. His voice is catchy and makes you want to sing along. Guitar and bass are what make these songs so everlasting. This album is ambient and kind of chilled out. Instrumental usage takes listeners to another zone, it is very impressive. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are deep. More so than most bands, the songs on this album are fantastically written and very pleasant to the ear. They flow perfectly with the music and are quite thought provoking. // 10

Overall Impression: It's too bad that 30 Seconds To Mars is so underrated and undiscovered. Then again, it would be far worse if every one all of the sudden decided to become a fan for a month or two and then forgot they existed (i.e. Linkin Park anyone). What I personally love about this album is that most of the songs are quite long, most exceeding 4 minutes. They aren't rushed together or compacted to be a radio hit. The extended length allows the sound of the band to really sink in. This album has outlasted many on my playlist. There isn't really room for improvement. The most impressive songs on the album: 'End Of The Beginning', 'Edge Of The Earth', 'Fallen'. Every song is worth listening to. These 3 happen to stand out at the moment. I recommend this album for anyone really. It is a unique sound; it's something that nearly anyone can stop and say 'Hey, that's a damn good sound' about. // 9

More 30 Seconds To Mars reviews rating latest review