Revolt Review

artist: 3 colours red date: 08/27/2007 category: compact discs
3 colours red: Revolt
Release Date: Mar 2, 1999
Label: Sony
Genres: Hard Rock, Alternative Pop/Rock, Britpop, Punk Revival, Punk-Pop, British Trad Rock
Revolt isn't much of a departure from the band's debut album, however, and it also isn't a very compelling listen.
 5.5
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Revolt Reviewed by: rworsl, on august 27, 2007

Sound: The majority of the songs on the album were written by McCormack and Vuckovic, and there's a distinct difference in the style of songwriting each uses. McCormack tends to lend himself to the heavier style, whereas Vuckovic usually tends to write more melodic types of music. This album is no different with songs such as "Beautiful Day" and "This is my Time" written by Vuckovic, and "Intermission" and "Paralyse" co-written by McCormack. This album is able to cater for all tastes, with laid back songs and heavier "punkier" kind of songs included as well. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics fit very well with the music, and it is quite obvious to the listener that a great deal of thought has been put into the lyrical side of things. 3 Colours Red have a nice variety within the vocals, with Vuckovic, McCormack and Harding providing lead and backing vocals, which allows for some good harmonies and nice styles whether it be gruff raw growls or higher wailing. // 10

Overall Impression: Without a doubt the best song on the album has to be Beautiful Day, and this is reflected in the fact that it's the highest placing song of the album chart-wise. There have been quite a few videos made for songs off of this album, so if at all in doubt about whether or not to get it, then head on over to yuotube and look them up. Without a doubt I'd get it again if it were lost or stolen, as it's a very important part of my CD collection, and I find myself listening to it on a regular basis. // 10

Comments