The World Can Wait Review

67 special: The World Can Wait
Release Date: Aug 1, 2005
Label: Festival Mushroom
Genres: Rock
Featuring the singles "Boys And Girls" and "Walking Away," this album is a genre-busting, thrilling rock ride.
 9.5
 9.3
 9.7
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
The World Can Wait Reviewed by: Victoria Z, on october 17, 2005

Sound: This band is one of Melbourne's finest! I've seen them a good half dozen times, and they are brilliant! This same awesome live sound is conveyed on their debut album 'The World Can Wait'. the snarling vocals of Ash Santilla, screeching guitars on behalf of Gav Campbell, sexy bass from Bryan Dochstader, crazy drumming from Benny Dexter, and Louis 'LouDog' Macklin on keys. This is one of the most stunning debuts from a Melbourne band in recent times. Before this album, the band had released two EPs 'Hey There Bomb' and 'Boys & Girls'. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are ok, I guess. Lyrics never really tickle my fancy. But the way Ash conveys them is great, constantly adding 'ohs' and 'woahs' adds to a more fun effect (did that make any sense at all) there's even a reference to the boys favourite Melbourne pub on '5 Degrees' ("Like at the Public Bar"), a-la Jet's 'Get Me Outta Here' ("I went down to The Duke tens times a day"). RIP The Duke. // 9

Overall Impression: If I ever lost this album, I would ran out and buy another copy, come hell or high water. I hate having to pick the most impressive songs. the opener 'The World Can Wait' is an instrumental, and gives the listener a great preview as to what the first half of the cd is like, the latter half is softer, employing flamenco guitars, but towards the end the rock kicks in, yet agan, and ends on a high. heres to another great couple of CDs for the boys from Benalla! // 9

More 67 Special reviews rating latest review