Panorama Review

Lyrics: 7.5
 7.9
 8.1
Panorama Reviewed by: korn113, on august 14, 2006

Sound: In a band, a fusion of emotions, sweet tunes and great lyrics should come from every individual involved. 6 Cycle Mind is one of the hottest bands today, not only because of Ney Dimaculangan's (vocals) good looks, but because of their music as a band. They reach out to people through their songs. The band just adds "emotion" to all their songs. The band uses alternative rock in most of their songs. // 10

Lyrics: Expressive, one word that can describe the lyrics. The songwriters really dug deep. They write songs which people can really relate to. It's just amazing how they can reach to the crowd through songwriting. The band's music emphasizes the emotion felt. And Ney Dimaculangan, the vocalist, outstandingly projects. He sings every song with the right emotion. The message reaches the listeners clearly. You can really feel what the message (e.g. I, you can really feel the heartbreak the writer felt). // 9

Overall Impression: 6CM did a better job than their debut album, Permission To Shine. Two CDs and they're still standing strong. It's amazing how they evaded the "sophomore slump". The sophomore album, Panorama features the vocals of Ebe Dancel of Sugarfree, and Francis M. Included in the album is the acoustic version of their hit single, Sige, from their debut album. Features hits that topped charts and beaten out international artists, hits like Sandalan, I and Trip. What I love about the album is that I can relate to every song (I'm sure many of you would). I take really good care of my copy since I had it signed by the band. Final words: you'll never get tired of listening to the CD. Not a minute wasted. Every peso spent is worth it. // 10

Panorama Reviewed by: turnfoot, on september 25, 2006

Sound: If you scroll down to the comments, you can see that I have made some very negative comments about this band. Fortunately, I am now open minded enough to make this review and not criticize the band. The music in this album is very radio-friendly. With a lot of slow love songs & things of the such. Their music has always been more of the mainstream stuff. No hard songs here (even though that's not a bad thing). Almost, if not, all of the songs are slow love songs. But there are maybe 4-5 out of the 16 songs that some might consider "rock" songs. Although there are no experimentaion in this album (which I always like), it is still a very solid album and more mainstream so everyone will find it easy listening to it. // 5

Lyrics: The band didn't tackle a lot of issues/subjects in their lyrics. mostly about love. Still good though. Their lyrics are good if you read them. The lyrics go well with the music. But in my opinion, the lyrics overshadow the actual music. Meaning that the lyrics are obviously better than the music itself. I have always liked Ney's voice. Not too mature though. My only complaint would have too be that in some of the english songs, he didn't do a good job in pronouncing the words that well. // 6

Overall Impression: I really can't compare this with their debut album. Since this is the only 6CM CD I have. The most impressive songs would have to be I, Di Tayo Titigil, Umaasa, Trip & Sige (acoustic). The fact that this is more mainstream means that this is more listenable & more people would most definitely buy it. The only thing that I hate about it is that it can get boring/repetative at times. Seriously? I wouldn't buy this album again. Since I have it in my computer. A definite buy for all you 6CM fans. But for the rest of you, I recommend borrowing it first. Or at least listen to some of the songs before buying it. // 7

Comments