Wires... And The Concept Of Breathing Review

a skylit drive: Wires... And The Concept Of Breathing
Released: May 21, 2008
Genre: Post-Hardcore
Label: Tragic Hero Records
Wires...And The Concept Of Breathing is the first full-length album by the post-hardcore band A Skylit Drive.
 9.2
 9.3
review (1) 9 comments vote for this album:
Wires... And The Concept Of Breathing Reviewed by: reaper_x, on october 03, 2008

Sound: Some would say they sound like Blessthefall and some would say they sound like Alesana. Yes, These bands are all alike in some ways. But A Skylit Drive is something different. The sound has changed since their EP, "She Watched The Sky", and believe me, it's for the better. A new vocallist steps in (Michael Jagmin) and blasts A Skylit Drive into the Screamo and Post-Hardcore music scene. The overall sound of the record is simular to Blessthefall's "His Last Walk" with crunching palm mutes in breakdowns and lung busting screaming mixed with soft, amazing clean vocals. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics have improved from "She Wathed the Sky". They seem to be more metaphoric and that is always a good thing. Lyrics like "See The stars from a million places, Porcelain skin puts our faces entwined in time." and "Focus on all your instincts, It brings you deeper to the meaning of what we've become. Show your heart of stone" give the album a more emotional feel. The new singer can hit notes much higher than almost all Screamo bands out. Including Alesana and Chiodos. His voice goes great with the music, but sometimes he is hidden inside the band's screams. Nontheless, oustanding. // 9

Overall Impression: The most impressive songs on this album would deffinately have to be "All It Takes For Your Dreams To Come True" and "I'm Not A Thief, I'm A Treasure Hunter". "All It Takes For Your Dreams To Come True" shows how capable Michael is of hitting those high notes, without cracking his voice. It also has a catchy and melodic chorus followed by a breakdown. Towards the end, it's all just one massive hardcore fest. "I'm Not A Thief, I'm A Treasure Hunter" starts off with an intro that WILL make you jump then it settles into soft vocals. Then Michael blasts into high pitched singing. All in all, this band some amazing talent and you will be hearing more of them in the future, even if you dislike them. Screamo and Hardcore fans, dive right in. Headfirst. // 10

More A Skylit Drive reviews rating latest review