Symbiosis Review

9.7
 9.3
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Symbiosis Reviewed by: Androidriffage1, on april 05, 2013

Sound: Abiotic's official debut LP features all the songs that were previously on their "A Universal Plague" EP (all re-recorded and remastered) along with the addition of "Facades", "To Burgeon And Languish" and "Hegira". Not only is the sound quality and mixing perfect, the changes they have made to the songs add a more sinister of a vibe to an already inhuman track list. The guitar work is clean, technical, and abrasive but still melodic. The bass work is not only audible throughout the whole record, but Alex Vazquez can easily give 90% of metal bassists a run for their money. The drum work has everything you need from an intense display of metal: Blast beats, grooves, clean foot and handwork, polyrhythms and excellent instinct on where and how to place fills and pauses. Last but not least Ray Jimenez can stun anyone who here's his inhuman vocal chords in action. Good use of the low, mid and high pitched growls, screams, and pig squeals a la "slamming death metal". // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics on this record remind me a lot of the philosophical approach that Job For A Cowboy take with the vocal intensity of Carnifex, Whitechapel and Behemoth. With lyrics dealing with dehumanization, religious fallacies, the death of the true meaning of a society and many more topics that engulf the world we live in, it's no wonder why they chose to take on a name like Abiotic! Some of the most intelligent and well throughout lyrics and one of the best vocal deliveries I have had the honor of hearing in a long time. // 10

Overall Impression: For fans of Obscura, After The Burial, Born Of Osiris, The Faceless, All Shall Perish, Rings Of Saturn as well as fans of Dying Fetus, Suffocation, Pathology and Necrophagist will find something they love about these talented musicians. The biggest songs of interest if you've never heard this album before are: "Facades", "Vermosapien", "The Graze Of Locusts" and "The Singe". All in all this album to me, shows that new age metal is beginning to evolve in the right direction. If my physical copy broke I would immediately find a way to repurchase it!

// 9

More Abiotic reviews rating latest review
+ A Universal Plague [EP] 8.4 11/04/2011