AC/DC Live Review

Lyrics: 8.4
 8.9
 9.1
AC/DC Live Reviewed by: Stinging_Acid, on march 28, 2005

Sound: AC/DC is one of the finest rock n' roll bands ever. This CD brings to the table of dirty dealings why exactly they are. You can witness firsthand, like you are actually at an AC/DC concert, which isn't that every little boy's dream? It is mine any way. The great thing about AC/DC is that they are not monotone. They have varying sounds, from solid, bluesy rhythms; to the fast paced, action packed eargasm that are Angus Young's solos. From darker songs, i.e. Razor's Edge, Brighter Songs: Moneytalks, and just plain old fun songs: The Jack. The vocal is outstanding, the instruments are phenomenal. The power house that is AC/DC and all of their greatest songs on two CDs is at the pinnacle of man kinds greatest achievements. There are some songs that drag on a little long, but thats my opinion, and I personally dislike the crowd's roaring, but some may enjoy that seeing as it brings a light authenticity. But the sheer rock n' roll dominance on this CD cancels that out completely for me. // 10

Lyrics: The singer, Brian Johnson, has the most amazing vocals. Raspy screams fill in the perfectly executed songs. The lyrics are usually simple, but some songs, like TNT just feel so compelling. However the blend of vocals and instruments, voice and guitar must be heard to be believed. It is like one living body of unadulterated sound. // 10

Overall Impression: If you like AC/DC, you will love this, if you like rock, you will love this. Dirty Deeds, Razor's Edge, TNT, Thunderstruck, they are all here. I love the orgy of sound and powerful rock and roll vibe this CD produces. I could have done without the crowd though. I would definately buy this CD again, and over again if lost the second time. // 10

AC/DC Live Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 19, 2004

Sound: While listning to this album i thought that it really captured the feel of an AC/DC concert. The organization of the songs was just like a real concert. It went from the scary back alley deals of dirty deeds. Then it went on to end with the triumphant cannon-blasting end with for those about to rock. The over all music style that was used was represented with power. Areal concert recorded on cd was a great idea and it was just plan awesome. // 10

Lyrics: Brian and Bon were the greatest as they always are. The lyrics were classic and all the best songs were included. // 10

Overall Impression: This album is among the best they have compiled by far. I would to great lengths to find it if it was lost. I love the roar of the crowd. // 10

AC/DC Live Reviewed by: Talented, on july 13, 2006

Sound: AC/DC finally comes out with a live version. The music of the CD is pretty much the same as you would expect from AC/DC if you know anything about them. They are loud rockin' dudes, that have great guitar playing and above average singing in my opinion. The story attached is basiclly they take all the best live perfomances and put them on a CD. So you get all of the best songs, think of this album as a greatest hits. The one thing I hate about AC/DC is that once you listen to them awhile all songs start to sound the same. // 7

Lyrics: The lyrics of the song are very very different song to song. It is all screaming pretty much. They aren't a very versitile band, they can only perform one way and at the end of the day it leaves you thinking is it really worth it. The guitars and drums are very fast and supply I got hard-rock beat which is great. The skill of the lead singer I would say is very low, as he can only perform one way. // 6

Overall Impression: It dosen't really compare to many other artists that I like as I bought this CD a few years ago. I still listen to it but not really as much. The most impressive songs are pretty much the whole CD, as it is basiclly greatest hits. My favourite would be "Thunderstruck", "Back In Black", "Shoot To Thrill", "Highway To Hell" and a lot more. I love that it has all the best songs, but I hate they have nothing else vocally. I it were stolen or lost, I proubly would not buy it again. I would get something else, but overall it is an above average CD. If you like the '70s and '80s rock then this is the CD for you. If you don't like AC/DC or you have never heard of it but want to give it a shot, this is the CD for you! // 7

AC/DC Live Reviewed by: Jimmmaaay, on september 26, 2005

Sound: AC/DC is my favorite rock 'n' roll band and it has changed music forever. I have never been to an AC/DC concert but this album really made me feel that I was there. This is truly AC/DC at their finest and it couldn't have been much better. I've heard that AC/DC was better live than they were in the studio and now I can relate to some of that. It's really cool hearing Brian interacting with the crowd and the sound quality is incredible. This live CD has the sound quality you expect from the studio and also the element of the crowd which adds a live feeling that would please anyone who has not seen them in concert. // 10

Lyrics: Brian's voice is incredible and it is really neat hearing him interact with the crowd. The lyrics aren't overly complex or simple and Johnson and Scott has really done a phenomonal job here. The lyrics in my opinion couldn't be any better. // 10

Overall Impression: If I could only have one AC/DC album, it would be this one. You get the greatest hits like Back in Back, Higway to Hell, Hells Bells, TNT, ect. and there is not a song on here I would skip while listening. There really isn't anything I hate about it. If I ever lost this, I would call up my buddy and burn his. If you have never heard AC/DC you shoudl try this album. If you already like them, you will love this. // 10

AC/DC Live Reviewed by: myampgoesto11, on february 27, 2006

Sound: AC/DC has pioneered the hard rock genre, in my opinion, since they released thier first album. It borders metal by our standards, and hard rock by the standards of the '70s onward. And it sounds better live. The guitars are like a heavy metal, but with less bass and more treble. All of AC/DC's songs are worth listening to. It's that kind of band where you just turn on the CD player and listen from start to finish, not skipping around. // 10

Lyrics: Brian Johnson has this highpitched voice that sounds angry. That is awesome. For the longest time, I thought some midjet with a big head was singing it, Because to me, that's what it sounded like. I can't complain about the lyrics, because this may be the closest to perfection you may get. // 10

Overall Impression: AC/DC is to hard rock what 50 Cent is to rap (how dare I put AC/Dc and Half Dollar Man in a sentence). The King. Many wannabe's have sprung in hopes of removing the crown, but have all failed. // 10

AC/DC Live Reviewed by: Shreddin 4 Life, on august 19, 2006

Sound: This album's not bad. It was taken from the "Monsters In Moscow" concert back in '92. However, AC/DC proved to be one of the biggest disappointments from that show for me (and one of the lousiest acts in my opinion). Angus is of course ace in this performance, like most. However, the rest of the band seems bored. A lot of the songs on the set-list are classic anthems and are generally alright to listen to from time to time. Brian Johnson however, really takes away from the general performances for me and really proved that he's not qualified to be the lead singer for AC/DC. // 7

Lyrics: I never liked Brian Johnson. Screaming his ass off like there's no tomorrow and never actually pulling off a decent vocal line. He never compared to Bon Scott in my honest opinion, and never will. In this performance, he does alright on his own songs, but really ruins the ones that were originally done by Bon. And for that reason alone, I really dislike a lot of this live preformance. If I'm not mistaken, he even messe up a few of the words on some songs, truly unprofessional. // 4

Overall Impression: This album's ok, but doesn't compare to any albums done with Bon Scott (even the live one). I like the "For Those About To Rock" finale the most, and the "Whole Lotta Rosie" was ok too (minus the vocals of course). I dislike the majority of this album, so you can be sure that I wouldn't replace it if lost/stolen. In fact, I would encourage someone to steal it from me, because I don't think I'd be succesful at selling it at a garage sale! // 6

AC/DC Live Reviewed by: g 4 11, on january 15, 2007

Sound: Awesome! I almost freaked out when I first heard it. Man I just could not stand it. My head what hurting because a shouch my head so much. Man if you heard one song one time, you would want to heard all of them 100 times. Thunderstruck had the best sound and guitar player because he can play real fast on a hard song to play slow. It took me a while to learn how to play it slow. The drumer is good to. He can play s good steady drum rool. Belive me you would love the sounds in this CD // 10

Lyrics: It had a perty good impression on the lyrics to. I would never be able to sing that good, but it still needed a little work on the singing. But hay, it was in the '80s and they did not know much beter. The singer has many skills to me because if you look at 1 music vidio, man you would see the skills. But we are not talking about music videos, we are taking about CDs. he did not mess up at all to me. My mom loves This CD and you would like the cool '80s sound. // 9

Overall Impression: It compares to Kiss and van halen to me. The most coolest songs are, Thunderstruck, TNT, Black In Black, Hells Bells, You Shouck Me All Night Long, and Shout To Thrill. there are some more perty good songs but they are the best. I don't hate anything about it. I love every thing about it though. If it were stolen or lost I would so go and buy another CD. You could not stop me. I would probely get something else while I was there but I would not put anything in front of it. // 10

More Ac Dc reviews rating latest review