Ballbreaker Review

8.3
 8.1
 8.4
Ballbreaker Reviewed by: darron malakian, on november 06, 2006

Sound: This album, as you can tell from listening to it, has a different sound. A more laid back sound. Not as, how you would say, "High Voltage". But seriously, there are no bad songs on this album. They sound good but you have to look at it from a different point of view. If this album had a different cover, I wouldn't like it. Look at it. Observe it. Listen to the music, and you'll think of the aroma that the cover gives it. The cover shows Angus rockin over a great big ball labeled "Ballbreaker", which seens appropriate, but look at the backround. Night time. I swear to God, listen to this album at night. It gives it that nice sophisticated, scary, Angus in a schoolboy uniform, dark rock sound. Dark is a perfect word to describe it. During the day, I give it a 6, because it doesnt't sound very appealing. At night, a 10. seriously just do it. Turn the lights off and enjoy. // 10

Lyrics: I don't usually listen to the lyrics. I listen to the singing, but not really the words. Only during the chorus really. I admire the guitar the most. The lyrics sound good with the music, it's a nice harmony. Since Brian has weathered through about 25 years of screaming, he obvioulsly isnt gonna sound the same, but that's ok. It adds a nice touch to the music. // 10

Overall Impression: I'd have to say, this album is different from the other AC/DC albums. It's not as crazy. Just plain old 'dark' hard rock. The songs that impress me the most are Hard As A Rock, which I think is a brilliant, catchy, nice tune. The Furor, which is pure madness. It's really cool sounding when your listening to it at night. Same with Boogeyman. Same with every other song on this album. The Honey Roll, now there's an extremely underrated song. I think one of their best. Hail Caesar is a good song. The music video is pretty good too. Love Bomb is a song you have to listen to a few times before you realize how great it really is. Whisky On The Rocks is a fantastic song also. It reminds me of Brian Johnson sitting at the bar of a Marriott Hotel. I don't know why. Also, It's at night. Lol. Caught With Your Pants Down is a really cool song. Catchy too. Cover You In Oil, I think isn't like the others. It doesn't possess the same feeling as the others, yet still a very enjoyable song to listen too, and has a great job on the drumming. Ballbreaker is one song that starts off cool, turns great, really gets your attention at the solo (which is more intense and longer than the other songs) and ends so swiftly and wild, that you'll listen to the song over again. I love the difference between this album and the others. I hate that it is constantly called a horrible album, and is majorly underrated. If someone stole this album from me, I would for sure buy another. It's worth it, I think. If you play guitar, I would learn this album. Trust me, you will appretiate it much more, and the songs are amazingly fun to play, it has the energy that the other albums don't deliver. Good Night. // 10

Ballbreaker Reviewed by: Rockn_Clay, on february 27, 2004

Sound: When I first heard this album i was very pleased. The work of AC/DC is legendary and the band shows its talents with this album. From the intros right through to the solos the band has once again put up a great-sounding line of songs to make you wanting to come back for more! The guitar riffs are still sounding good and catchy but the only thing wrong with the sound is the lack of bass, but otherwise it sounds really good. // 10

Lyrics: This album is one of the most produced amount of those sleezy songs AC/DC are famous for. Unlike most bands though, AC/DC produce their lyrics that go along with the music and make sense. Brian Johnson is a great singer and has showed his excellent skills since he's first album with the band ("Back In Black"). // 8

Overall Impression: The album is simmilar to the album, "High Voltage". Some of the most impressive songs from the album are, "Ballbreaker" and "Hard As A Rock". Both songs have great intros and great lyrics. The thing I mostly love about the album is the guitar solos and intros. If I ever did lose this album I would easily go and buy it again. It's just one of those rare albums that u just keep listning to again and again and never get sick of it. I think it's a decent album to buy. The album is good but not as good as some of AC/DC's other albums, but still a great piece of work! // 8

Ballbreaker Reviewed by: demoniacfashion, on january 05, 2007

Sound: If there's one reason I don't like this album, it's because AC/DC make less use of their musical talents than in the others. Brian as a singer and a songwriter wasn't very alert in this album. Most of the songs are either about sex or beer, and the tone is pretty much the same throughout all the songs. Angus was laid back too. He relies a lot on the choruses, playing them for the most part of the song. I do have to compliment on his solos though; they were very rough and a lot more bluesy than most I've heard from him. However, I didn't get the overall impression that They had a lot of fun performing these songs because of their laid back nature. // 7

Lyrics: As I mentioned before, the general content of all the songs was sex and beer. By this point in their career, they were starting to slow down, and probably thought the best way to get back on their feet was to sing about things everyone could relate to-sex and booze. Needless to say, I was not impressed. // 2

Overall Impression: Ballbreaker was definitely one of AC/DC's worser albums. Even though it didn't give me the acdc rush that comes with the other albums, this is a good album (at least it's better tahn fallout boy or something). The best songs were Hard As A Rock, The Furor, Burnin' Alive, Hail Caeser, and Ballbreaker. The one song I persnally didn't like was Whskey on the Rocks (my friend Jacob says it's the only good song, though). If my precious Ballbreaker (or axis: Bold As Love, or Back In black, or The Black Album, Kill 'Em All, Master Of Puppets, Follow The Reaper, or any of my CD's besides Presto or OU812, as amatter of fact) were to be stolen, I would buy it again (I got mine for $3 at halfpricebooks) and then I would go kick the thief's ass. // 8

More Ac Dc reviews rating latest review