Blow Up Your Video Review

ac dc: Blow Up Your Video
Released: Feb 1988
Genre: Rock
Styles: Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Album Rock, Aussie Rock, Arena Rock
Blow Up Your Video turned out to be their most successful album since 1981's For Those About To Rock, even though it was chock full of filler.
 Lyrics: 8.6
 8.5
 9.1
 7.8
Blow Up Your Video Reviewed by: ibanez87, on august 01, 2005

Sound: This album is a good summer album. Songs like "Heatseeker," "That's The Way I Wanna Rock N' Roll," "Meanstreak," and "RuffStuff" really kick out the jams. The bass may come in low, but that's not too big a problem. I mean, it's AC/DC! // 10

Lyrics: Too many people complain about AC/DC always writing about the same stuff, but what if the wrote about kitties and flowers? Then what would you think? Lyrics don't matter to me, as long as the tune to them is good. // 10

Overall Impression: I bought Family Jewels before this, which has "Heatseeker" on it aswell. As soon as I heard the song, I bought the album. This album is better than Back In Black, but it's still not there best. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. From what I've seen AC/DC has yet to have a bad album. // 10

Blow Up Your Video Reviewed by: Slash_001, on november 19, 2004

Sound: Being a big AC/DC fan myself I expected alot of the bands sound like the rhythm and lead guitars and this album blew my mind. The whole cd is excellent and angus plays some good riffs that I could listen to even without hearing the lyrics, so I was blown away at the sound of this excellent cd. // 10

Lyrics: These are the traditional lyrics of AC/DC talking about going to parties and stuff but it still adds to brian johnsons flare. Brian has also filled in well from the death of bon scott and I could not tell even a little difference. The lyrics sometimes made me be like what did they put that in for. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall I was astounded at this great album and it does compare to all other AC/DC albums, except Back In Black, even though it is not as well known as the others. The best songs are #1, 2, 3, 4, 5 heck all of them are good and if this cd were stolen I would buy it back in a heartbeat! // 10

Blow Up Your Video Reviewed by: NilsNiiils, on february 10, 2005

Sound: Sound here is like surprise! Almost any AC/DC album! No bass, searing tone and full overdrive without distortion. However, this is the sound we love, and let them get away with it. The album's title is actually an apt message to most kids out there during the invasion of a certain TV-channel called MTV to simply shut their eyes and their ears to the s--t coming from MTV. Nice. That's the way I wanna rock 'n roll. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are (as usual) about sex, alcohol and pure fun. Singer Brian Johnson isn't the best one around, but I think he does it well on this one. It' matches the music perfectly, and it really rocks. Not all songs have the best of lyrics, but there's a lot of lifephilosophy hidden in there, like the one of the "Finchmeister": "Get drunk, get paid, and get laid." // 6

Overall Impression: This is not AC/DCs best album, yet the worst. It's placeable in the above-average basket. It was mixed in a small, French studio but it works out pretty good. First time I heard it it was like really boring, but when I got into some of the songs I loved it. The opening track, "Heatseeker," is almost like "Who Made Who," only faster and not that catchy. My favourite is still "Two Up," Johnson's ode to threeway sex. It's darn good. Overall, this album is fairly more pop-based, with more melody and so on. However, it's really good, far better than f. example Flick Of The Switch, which is the worst rock album I've ever heard. // 6

Blow Up Your Video Reviewed by: les_paul_01, on april 18, 2006

Sound: At first hearing of this album, it sounds like any other AC/DC album, which is absolutely fine. Pure driving rhythms, Angus' fantastic guitar work and Brian's growling vocals are what makes this album as great as it is. "Heatseeker," "That's The Way I Wanna Rock And Roll," "Nick Of Time" and "Two's Up" are my favourite, but that certainly isn't to say the rest of the album isn't worth listening to. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are pretty standard AC/DC. having fights, having fun and having sex are the main lyrical themes, and they suit the music just fine. Brian Johnson has a decent voice for this kind of music. Don't expect him to burst into opera any time soon, but for sheer rocking out he's certainly a talented lad. // 10

Overall Impression: Comparing this album to other AC/DC albums is quite a hard task, considering how good they all are. It is one of their less-known ones, which is not to say it is one of their worst ones. If you just need an album with speed and pure power, then Blow Up Your Video is certainly one to go for. // 10

Blow Up Your Video Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 26, 2007

Sound: This CD is one of the most definitive cd's ever produced and mixed. I have spent countless hours listening to Angus and the rhytm that are under Malcolms iron fist. The sound is so much different from their other albums, and they even throw in some funk to the song Back in Black. Back in Black and Shook Me All Night Long are the songs that everyone in every type of music knows. Shook Me All Night Long is my favorite song of all time, and it really is a bluesy rock song. No other albums could possibly match this album. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics and music go together like crack and Bobby Brown. Brian was a perfect fit for the band and I beleive tht had they not got him to be the singer, they would have not gotten as far as they did. I, like many others, think that Brian had more of a Hard Rock voice than Bon did. He has a great scream and it fits in perfectly in the songs. I also love the song Noise Pollution because it says "Screw You!" to all the music critics and is a anthem for hard rock. // 9

Overall Impression: In the end, it is the 2nd greatestlbum of all time, literally. the band are truly the masters of hard rock, and anyone who says different should look at the facts. if it were stolen or lost, I would buy it again in a heartbeat. And I'm also sure to be at their next world tour for their new CD coming later this year. If you want to complete the collection, buy Family Jewels, Donnington, or the Back In Black dual disc. // 10

More Ac Dc reviews rating latest review