Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap Review

9.1
 8.9
 9.2
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap Reviewed by: teenrocker, on december 13, 2006

Sound: Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap is AC/DC on the rise. Their sound is starting to come together and their songwriting skills are improving. However, a lot of the songs on this album sound kind of the same and Bon Scott is still struggling to find the right voice in some places. This album has two awesome songs 'Problem Child', which they still play to this day and the upbeat 'Rocker'. Apart from those, though, there are no real memorable songs on this album. Angus' really improve on Dirty Deeds, however. // 8

Lyrics: Personally, I am a Brian Johnson fan. But Bon Scott is by no means a bad singer. I think that Dirty Deeds is an indication of what was to come from this magically charismic frontman. His notes are tighter and he sounds more confident, but still isn't quite what he could be. The lyrics are probably one of the best things about Dirty Deeds. They tye in with the music perfectly and some of them, 'Big Balls', for example are quite chucklesome. // 8

Overall Impression: AC/DC were on the rise. Dirty Deeds is a tight album but the songwriting has a little way to go yet. Some of the songs sound kind of similar and get a bit repetitive and Bon needs more work on his vocals but otherwise this is a fine album, and a very important one at that. Dirty Deeds is often overlooked by potential buyers, possibly because of the (terrible) CD cover. This may not be the first Dacca album you should buy, but it certainly shouldn't be the last. // 8

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 08, 2004

Sound: Holy Crap. This is adefinitive, if not the definitive, AC/DC album. This album really shows the power that ex-lead vocalist Bon Scott put into AC/DC's great riffs, among other wonderful things. Angus Young is as great as in AC/DC's later album, Back in Black. DDDDC is one of those albums that will appeal to anyone. For those who want classic rock songs, go with the great 60's style Rocker. If your looking for something harder, DDDDC or Love at First Feel is something to hear. Or, if you prefer humor, Big Balls takes the cake. // 10

Lyrics: Like I said, Bon Scott really has a great voice. If you like his style. I first headr AC/DC with Brian Johnson, their current lead singer, but man, Bon Scoot is just as good, maybe better. Some of the lyrics mean something, but they all were written very well. Big Balls is one of the best-written AC/DC songs ever, in my opinion. Its very clever, and the topic (balls where you dance), and the indirect message (If you've heard the song, you'll know what I'm talking about). // 10

Overall Impression: Wow. Wonderful guitar riffs, great singer, and clever lyrics, what else could you ask for? I wouldn't know! // 10

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap Reviewed by: powerage225, on august 10, 2004

Sound: Sound is what makes AC/DC, and because of this I would give allmost every single one of their albums a 5 in sound. Slight variation here from the High Voltage album, a little bit deeper, mainly in the title track (the whole reason that you buy this album). // 10

Lyrics: Much more intresting lyrics than the last album, same vocals though. Probly the most memorable track (because of the lyrics and only the lyrics), 'Big Balls' (nuf said), is one of the only AC/DC tracks without a solo. // 10

Overall Impression: 'Love At First Feel' and 'Squealer' are the same old cuts about chicks, are a couple of the highlights of the album. Also, 'Rocker', 'Problem Child' and the title track are the albums bad-ass depicting tracks. Thats pretty much it other than 'Aint no fun Waiting round to be a millionaire' which, like its title, goes on and on with verses. Mediocre album compared to AC/DC's classics, stick to the first 5 tracks, and squealer. // 6

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 07, 2005

Sound: AC/DC is one of the best hard rock bands of all time and this, just their second album shows their well on their way to stardom. The riffs are pretty simple (sometimes just a tad too simple, Squealer) and most of the solos aren't too unbeleivable but it's loud, it's fun and it's what I, one of AC/DC's biggest fans loves about them. The music is alot like Chuck Berry and that type of playing that goes into this album as far as the rhythm sections (rocker in particular). Nothing revolutionary in particular but if you like classic rock, you'll love this album. // 10

Lyrics: I love AC/DC lyrics. They're like the music, simple but fun. The highlights are Ain't No Fun (Waitin' 'Round To Be A Millionaire) and Ride On. Those are the highlights lyrically though. I also love the chant in Dirty Deeds. Some lyrics are kind of pointless but all in all, good. // 8

Overall Impression: I'd say Dirty Deeds ranks about 4th or 5th for AC/DC's best albums. Dirty Deeds is a classic by all standards. Problem Child starts back up at the end and sounds kinda cool. Ride On is awesome, slow but tough song. I love just about everything on this album. I don't hate any of it. And if it was lost or stolen, I'd just pull out my other CD copy or my old man's old cassette copy. // 10

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap Reviewed by: quacco, on august 11, 2007

Sound: Since this is the only the second album by AC/DC they have not quite found their sound yet. However there plenty os song that are overlooked by most fans that really enjoy. Angus is getting better and better on each album he makes starting with this one. This albums songs have their classic AC/DC sound but the rest get rather repetitive. The album is almost like a movie where the intro tracks (Dirty Deeds) get you into the moods. Then there's the rising songs (Love At First Feel, Big Balls) followed by the climax (Rocker, Problem Child, There Gonna Be Some Rockin, Ain't No Fun) followed buy a nice relaxing cool down (Ride On) and ends with a great conclusion (Squealer). // 8

Lyrics: I still haven't decided yet weather I'm a Bon Scott or a Brian Johnson fan yet. But during the scott years the lyrics were very juvenile and extreme at the time. Songs like dirty deeds and big balls really shows the dirty side of AC/DC that we all deep down like. The lyrics can be violent to highly sexual to downright creepy. in other word you have a great AC/DC song. // 10

Overall Impression: This was the first album I bought of AC/DC. Many ppl often miss this album because of the really cheesy album cover. My favourite songs on the album are Dirty Deeds, Problem Child, There's Gonna Be Some Rockin and the two highly underated songs Ride On and Squealer. This definitly the point where AC/DC starts to rise from inside the caged stage of a filthy austrailian bar to popularity. // 8

More Ac Dc reviews rating latest review