Paegan Terrorism Tactics Review

acid bath: Paegan Terrorism Tactics
Release Date: 1996
Label: Rotten
Genres: Sludge Metal, Alternative Metal
Paegan Terrorism Tactics gets the edge over that CD due to its better production, more consistent songwriting, and generally more confident, mature tone.
 9.2
 8.7
 9.7
review (1) 7 comments vote for this album:
Paegan Terrorism Tactics Reviewed by: YourMessiah666, on may 07, 2007

Sound: This is the second album for the Southern punk/sludge band Acid Bath. Definately a change from their first album. Way better sound in my opinion. Quality is very beautiful. Quite a bit more melodic tunes. A few acoustic songs, like the first CD but these are more lyrical driven. As dark as ever though, which is very nice. The poem (Old Skin) has a very nice dark feeling to it. As well as the hidden track. Very dark. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are quite dark. The lyrics are filled with reference to death, graveyards and rape. The lyrics I think flow very well with the music. Also Dax Riggs' voice is very very melodic and goes very well with the dark lyrics. Most of the tracks are very catchy, and you will be singing along as soon as you know the words. The vocal styles on this album cannot be beat. The styles consist of heavy metal type screaming, very fast growling, as well as deep vocals accompanied by acoustic guitars. // 9

Overall Impression: 01. Paegan Love Song - a great way to start off a great album. I was headbanging since the moment the song started. 02. Bleed Me An Ocean - by far my favorite track off the album. Great song to sing along to, and headbang to. All around great. 03. Graveflower - a very beautiful intro, then it gets into some great drumming, and soon into awesome headbanging electric guitars. 04. Diab Soule - very nice lyrics. A few slower parts. But all around it's a pretty darn good tune. 05. Locust Spawning - a very sweet intro. Absolutely great lyrics. Very dark atmosphere. 06. Old Skin - the short poem. Very very dark. 07. New Death Sensation - an acoustic only song. The first of the album. And a very very good one. Another favorite of mine. 08. Venus Blue - quite a slow rock song, sounds a bit like Alice In Chains. A very catchy chorus. The intro is my favorite part of the song. 09. 13 Fingers - a very dark song. The lyrics are sung very very fast. One of my favorites. 10. New Corpse - a great guitar riff. Excellent vocals. 11. Dead Girl - the second acoustic only song. A very very good one. The lyrics fit perfectly. 12. A very very very dark poem. The backing sounds are very cool and interesting. Very nice voice to go with it. Overall this is a must-have for any Acid Bath fan. A great addition to the collection. Just over an hour of music, so I would say you get your moneys' worth. This album will be in my stereo for many months to come. // 9

More Acid Bath reviews rating latest review