Trespassing Review

adam lambert: Trespassing
Released: May 15, 2012
Genre: Pop
Label: 19, RCA
"Trespassing" is the second studio album by "American Idol" contestant Adam Lambert.
review (1) 4 comments vote for this album:
Trespassing Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 08, 2012

Sound: Adam's first album, "For You Entertainment" was purely pop rock, mainstream for radio airplay, quickly released after "AI". This is album sounds like a flashback to the 80's, with the first five tracks a combination of many pop and rock groups of yesteryear, but with the updated sound and lyrics to bring the style back into popularity. The second half of the album is made up mostly of ballads, but the haunting music and desperate lyrics along with Adam's multi-octave voice keep you long after the last note fades. The Deluxe Edition contains three bonus tracks, "Runnin'", "Take Back", and "Nirvana", which all deserve a listen. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics for this album are very creative, and get the point of each song across easily, without wasting words, and leaving many up to interpretation. Many of the songs describe overcoming challenges, and not being afraid to show yourself, or let someone else in. This album is a fantastic way for a listener to really understand and relate to the artist, unlike most of today's albums. One of my favorite songs off of the album, Outlaws of Love, most certainly talks about Adam Lambert's sexuality, and acceptance of yourself and true love, no matter what anyone else thinks. In the song, he sings "tears all fall the same, we all feel the rain, we can't change," then goes on to: "we're always on the run; they say we'll rot in hell, well, I don't think we will. They've branded us enough, outlaws of love". It's a powerful ballad that I think everyone should listen to at least once. Enough said about the lyrics. The album also shows off Adam's powerful, multi-octave voice, and although he's said publically that the songs aren't "about how many times I can hit one high note over and over" he manages high notes that would send many artists over the edge. Trespassing shows off another side of his voice that was unable to be captured and fully realized in the first album, both high and low, in perfect pitch. Listen to "Runnin'" and you'll understand what I mean. // 10

Overall Impression: It would be hard to compare it to most albums available in recent years, but I will say that it's a rare talent to find. I would definitely buy it again. It's catchy and addictive, but can tear at your heart at the same time. I was surprised at how far it strayed from "For Your Entertainment", but I think even those who disliked the first album may find some enjoyable tracks from "Trespassing". // 10

More Adam Lambert reviews rating latest review