Adema Review

adema: Adema
Released: Aug 21, 2001
Genre: Rock
Styles: Post-Grunge
This album is not terribly challenging or revolutionary but manages to remind the listener of other hard acts without sounding derivative.
 8.4
 9.5
reviews (2) 1 comment vote for this album:
Adema Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 01, 2005

Sound: The sound in the album is crazy awesome. It has emotions of spookiness and anger, yet it can really feel meaningfull at times. It's hard to describe, download the song "Giving In" if you want the true feeling of the album. // 10

Lyrics: This is the albums only real flaw. I would have liked the CD alot better if the lyrics were good. I just seems like his pulling this stuiff outta his behind, and around the 7th or 8th track it starts to get on your nerves. // 6

Overall Impression: The album is awesome up to the 7th song, then it kinda gets on your nerves with all the weird lyrics. If you like nu metal in general you will most likely love atleast the beginning of the CD. You will probly really like this CD if you lik Chester Bennington or Johnathan Davis, cause the singer Marky Chavez is like a mixture of both of them. I love the vocals, and they really sound good with the wah pedal, and ther mood it gives off can be really cool and erie at the same time. the best songs on the album from least to greatest are: Giving In, Freaking Out, Blow It Away, Everyone, Close Freinds, The Way You Like It. Check it out its a pretty good album. // 8

Adema Reviewed by: Horvat, on december 02, 2005

Sound: Sound-wise, Adema's first album is nothing short of excellent, for a nu-metal group. Take some great guitar riffs, emotional vocals, and tight bass and drum work, and you have Adema's self-titled. It's no masterpiece, but for a nu-metal album it certainly is a good listen. Production quality is great, and the songs are structured really well. The sound in general is like a blending of Korn and Linkin Park, so if you like them bands you will like this album by Adema. // 9

Lyrics: Hehehe, the lyrics, what can I say, the lyrics are very nu-metal, but I must say they do work well with the songs. Very similar to Korn-type lyrics, in that they are mostly dark and angry (thought a bit too emo sometimes). Singer Mark Chavez uses a good variety of vocal types (normal singing, growling, yelling, whispering, screaming, talking) to convey the mood/theme of the songs. Has a very similar voice to Korn's singer, Jonathon Davis. In fact, they are step-brothers, but believe me Chavez is no rip-off, and this album proves that. // 8

Overall Impression: I think it is possibly one the best nu-metal albums ever released, simply because every song is solid and composed well, and because Adema bring originality to their songs. It's right up there with Korn's self-titled, Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory, and Slipknot's Iowa. Though it does have a few small flaws (I just wish they did a few mad guitar solos), the majority of it is great. It really brings something good to the nu-metal scene. The best tracks are "Drowning," "Giving In," and "Pain Inside." For anyone who loves nu-metal, this CD is a must-have. // 9

More Adema reviews rating latest review
+ Topple The Giants [EP] 8 04/02/2013