Another Year Of Disaster Review

8.7
 8.8
review (1) 8 comments vote for this album:
Another Year Of Disaster Reviewed by: Assassins_Ink, on march 17, 2009

Sound: This album is amazing purchase, it is a brilliant Hardcore/Post-Hardcore album from beginning to end. It has lots of intricate guitar riffs that encompass almost every song on the album. Atop of that there are great vocals and screamo vocals with really catchy riffs that will have these songs echoing in your head well after you have turned off the music. The album titled "Another Year Of Disaster" is basically an album about the disasters of life, such as having a lover cheat on you. Which is actually what the songs are about. It has a mixture of metal, Hardcore and Screamo elements that allows for a great sound. Unfortunately it does have it's downfalls. Having so many elements in one sounds a little bit awkward at first and it sets the band in bad light when you first listen to them, fortunately after a couple of thorough listens the album really does grow on you. I really would have to say that in my own personal opinion this is the best album I have purchased this year. It comes at you thick fast and heavy which is exactly what the genre calls for. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics mainly deal with the trauma of having your lover cheat on you and break your heart. A typical choice of topic for this style of music. The lyrics are not for the lighthearted, with song titles such as "At least Give My Dreams Back, You Negligent Whore!" you can imagine some of the vulgar and demeaning language used in the songs. Fortunately they are used very well and are very much in context with the rest of the lyrics and allow for a brutal attack on those who are not faithful. These lyrics are all deep rooted and are definitely the lead singers own. The band is swedish but sings in english, which he does particularly well considering. On the downside though, there is a tad bit of miss-use in the grammer department but it's very easy to over look once you get into the music. The lyrics and music intertwine to give you an almost mind blowing experiance. The vocals are very good with the screamo and give the band an almost uncomparible sound. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall this is an album worth checking out, especially if you are into your hardcore and post-hardcore genres. If you enjoys bands such as Our Last Night, From Autumn To Ashes etc. You will fall in love with this album. The songs on this album that will really impress are Shark! Shark! Shark!, Sound The Alarm, At Least Give My Dreams Back You Negligent Whore!, Lets Celebrate, Gorgeous! (You Know Whose Party This Is)and Grow Up, Peter Pan. I love the fact that the band is releasing such quality off their first full length album, but I hate the fact that they are relatively unknown. Order this album from amazon it is definitely well worth the purchase alternatively buy it from their myspace page for a special offer and a shirt. http://www.myspace.com/theadept This is probably the best album I bought in the last two years! // 9

Comments