Classics Live Review

9.7
 9.3
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Classics Live Reviewed by: aerorocker101, on november 18, 2010

Sound: Sound overall is great! But that's just me. I have this album on vinyl and I wouldn't know what it sounds like brand new. Because this album was recorded (live of course) from 1973-1986, this album not only has the original members playing on it, but Rick Dufay and Jimmy Crespo play on a couple of tracks. This album, to me, is a classics album for the original Aerosmith fan. It wouldn't be considered classics to a person who only knows a few songs. This album includes a song that was never put on an album until the '90's for Pandora's Box.-Major Barbara- This album does have a few Aero-necessity songs that they HAVE to play live like "Train kept a rollin'" "Sweet Emotion" and "Dream on". // 9

Lyrics: Since this was a '70s album, Steven Tylers voice has a high and a low. The high is that his voice is very raunchy but very clear at some points. It adds a very nice feel to the songs. The low is the drugs. At some points in the album you can tell where the drugs were a major part of the concert. But enough about that. Stevens lyrics always fit the songs. That's why he can't write the lyrics if the guitars don't have anything written! // 10

Overall Impression: For a real fan, this is great! But for the person who is buying this album for the "Classics" it might be a better idea to get a classics album that's not live. I only say this because the majority of the album are songs that most people do not know or haven't heard about like "Reefer Head Woman" even though this individual song is a cover. Anyways I would recommend this album to anyone who is open to new things Aerosmith or if they already know these songs. They have always been a great live band and it really shows in this! // 9

More Aerosmith reviews rating latest review
+ Just Push Play 7.1 04/02/2013