Draw The Line Review

aerosmith: Draw The Line
Release Date: Dec 1977
Label: Columbia
Genres: Album Rock, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal
Draw the Line would turn out to be the last true studio album from Aerosmith's original lineup for nearly a decade.
 Lyrics: 6.5
 8.1
 6.9
 9.2
Draw The Line Reviewed by: J-Smack, on july 09, 2007

Sound: Draw The Line is the beggining of the Aerosmith's quick decline in the '70s. Joe Perry said that in parts of the album, the music sounds cloudy, which is a perfect description of a few parts of the album. The song "Draw The Line" did not impress me at all, as well as a few others. Aerosmith tried to incoporate a lot of funk into this, which produced a few good songs, but no hits. I would say the sound, with the exception of the few funk songs they cut, pretty much sucked. // 6

Lyrics: It seems as if Steven was running out of lyrics by this time. Aerosmith usually wrote sleezy songs about sex, but Draw the Line turned totally away from that. "Get It Up" is about not being able to "get it up;" not what a teenage male wants to here when he's thinks about his girl. Steven was really into screaming by now, but to me, his voice sounds weaker. It may be because of all of the drugs by that time, or it may just be me. // 6

Overall Impression: Draw the Line is considered to be one of Aerosmith's worst. Eventhough I gave the sound and lyrics low scores, I still enjoy the album as a whole. However, if you are new to Aerosmith, do not make this one of your first picks. It will give you a totally inaccurate conception of Aerosmith. When you do buy this album, listen for the highlights, such as "I Wanna Know Why," "Get It Up," (Yes I know I said they weren't the best lyrics for the teenagers, but this song is catchy if your not worried about scorin' chicks) and "Sight For Sore Eyes," the best track on the album. When you listen to "Bright Light Fight," keep in mind that no one else in the band wanted this song on the album besides Joe Perry. // 8

Draw The Line Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 01, 2008

Sound: It was Aerosmith's last album for almost a decade. It is an okay Aerosmtih album, most people state that it is the worst. I don't state that it's the worst, but I don't think that it's the best either. I say that Draw The Line is the best song on the album, except the part where Tyler starts screaming near the end of the song. Bright Light Fright, the one where Joe Perry sings, is an okay song if only Steven Tyler would have sang it. Kings And Queens is also alright. I like how it goes heavy at the begining then softer as it goes. // 7

Lyrics: The lyrics are ok. It sounds like crap though when Seven Tyler starts screaming towards the end of the song Draw The Line. Bright Light Fright has a cool opening, except Joe Perry sings the song, and Steven Tyler just does back up lyrics. It alo has a cool guitar solo. The other members of Aerosmith didn't want to have BLF on the album, I think that's why Joe sang it, and possibly the drugs they were on at the time. The Hand That Feeds, Tyler pretty much screams half the lyrics in the opening and pretty much throughout the song. The only parts you can really hear him clearly is during the Chorus. Sight For Sore Eyes has a real funk feel to it, just like a few other Aerosmith songs did before they broke up. // 7

Overall Impression: Draw The Line in my opinion is the best song on the Album. I am not an Aerosmith critic; I really like Aerosmith and I listen to at least 5 of their songs a day. Oh, and If I seem to have messed up on any parts, it's probably because I bought the album Yesterday and already listened to it. Draw The Line and Kings And Queens I had already heard before I bought the album. So Draw The Line overall was an okay album. Thanks for reading. // 7

More Aerosmith reviews rating latest review
+ Just Push Play 7.1 04/02/2013