Live Bootleg Review

aerosmith: Live Bootleg
Release Date: Oct 1978
Label: Columbia
Genres: Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Pop/Rock
Although the performances may lack the fire of the shorter Classics Live II set from 1988, Live Bootleg is an excellent representation of one of rock & roll's elite live acts.
 9.4
 9.3
 9.5
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Live Bootleg Reviewed by: I am the Drake, on june 14, 2008

Sound: Aerosmith sounds nothing short of amazing on this album. This album is not all from one concert though. They took 16 of their best performances from previous tours and made this album. I have also heard some of their live stuff that were from one concert and there really wasn't any differences in how great they sounded. So this just shows how powerful Aerosmith is as a live band. Each member adding a little bit more to each song than what was on the original recordings contributes to this albums greatness. // 9

Lyrics: This album includes most of Aerosmith's biggest hits up to about 1978. So yeah the songs are great and the lyrics are perfect. Steve Tyler never quit. He sounds strong on each track. // 9

Overall Impression: When comparing this album to the more recent live albums by Aerosmith I would definitely pick this! The sound and quality of the newer ones beat this, but this is just classic Aerosmith. The performances of each song on this album are just over the top. They are great. I love how the band sounds. There is not a single thing wrong with this album. For the time period they were amazing live. From what I've heard they are a million times better now. So I'm definitely looking forward to the next tour. // 10

More Aerosmith reviews rating latest review
+ Just Push Play 7.1 04/02/2013