Night In The Ruts Review

8.1
 8.7
 7.4
Night In The Ruts Reviewed by: aerorocker101, on october 06, 2010

Sound: On vinyl, the sound is really good if you compare this album to past albums. Anything before this that has better sound quality is probably Get Your Wings, but I don't have it on vinyl. In this album, I say that the songs that they do that aren't covers are really good. No Surprize should actually be one of the Aerosmith hits. If it weren't really on the album, it could be on O' Yeah Ultimate hits and/or The very best of Aerosmith:Devils got a new disguise. Really an underestimated album for sure! I feel that even if you're a fan, don't believe what you hear in review. Just get the album, and see for yourself what you think of the album. In my case I hadn't even heard of the album and I wasa fan. I heard that it wasn't that good but now it's probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite album. // 9

Lyrics: Singer skills? Are you kidding me?! Steven's singing is still fantastic, in my opinion. If you want to hear bad singing from him, listen to Done With Mirrors. It seems like they're not even trying on that one. But this one, even though the band's dieing, the songs are pretty great. There are 3 covers on it, but they pulled them off nicely. Now, I think the Aerosmith version of Remember(walkin in the sand) sounds MUCH, MUCH better than the Shangri Las version. // 8

Overall Impression: Compared to albums earlier than this, it's great. Anyhing after, ehh not so great. BUT, with the band falling apart at this time, it really could have been worse, that's why I rate it so high. This album, to me, is really an enjoyable one. If it did get stolen, I would replace it in a heartbeat! I actually have two copies of it! What I do not like about it, is the cover. It's okay, I just think they could have gone somewhere else with it. I like the thought though, REALLY like the thought. What I like....Pretty much all of it. If you're a true fan, and you know what is bad aerosmith, then you will LOVE this album just like I do! // 9

Night In The Ruts Reviewed by: J-Smack, on july 09, 2007

Sound: The sound on this is definetely an improvement from Draw The Line. Aerosmith gets back to their roots with a good blues song, too (Reefer Headed Woman). Joe Perry left the band for a while at this time, so some of the songs do not have him playing guitar, but Jimmy Crespo instead. If you get over Joe Perry not being in two or three songs, this album is great, and is very unrecognized. // 9

Lyrics: Steven has some good lyrics here, not amazing, but good. The way he sings them makes them catchy. About midway through the album, he got his song-writing abilities back, so there are some good, and some, well, not so good. Steven sings in a bluesy tune to a few songs, and rocks on others. He sounds great on both. // 8

Overall Impression: Night In the Ruts is definetely not a bad album. It doesn't have any big hits, but a few songs catch my ear. Such songs are "(Remember) Walking In the Sand," for it's nice flow, "Three Mile Smile," for it's catchy riff any drum breaks, "Reefer Headed Woman," for Joe Perry's awesome effects for his guitar solo, and "Bone to Bone (Coney Island White Fish Boy," for it's neat riff. I love this album very much. The only thing the bugs me is that the band was going through hard times when it was made, so the music wasn't very felt, although you can't really tell. Other than that, this is a good buy for a new or old fan. // 9

More Aerosmith reviews rating latest review
+ Just Push Play 7.1 04/02/2013