The Ultimate Hits Review

9.4
 9.9
reviews (3) user comments vote for this album:
The Ultimate Hits Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 04, 2003

Sound: Joe Perry is one of my favorite guitarists ever. His riffs and solos are absolutely incredible. Hundreds of years from now, people will still turn on their radios, hear Joe's guitars, and know it's him right away. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are very good as well. Steven Tyler is one of the most talented singers I've heard in my life. Each word he sings lines up perfectly with Joe Perry's guitars. I especially like how the lyrics on the love songs aren't all sappy and "How I made it this far without you is a mystery" type stuff. // 10

Overall Impression: I would say this album is truly superior to all other Aerosmith albums, mostly because the title tells it all (greatest hits). My favorite songs are as follows, and hold your breath because this will be long: Cryin', I Don't Want To Miss A Thing, Sweet Emotion, Walk This Way, Angel, Amazing, Girls of Summer, Janie's Got A Gun, Dream On, Love In An Elevator, Back In The Saddle, Dude Looks Like A Lady, Big Ten Inch Record, Deuces Are Wild, Crazy, and Jaded. This album is absolutely flawless. If you lose this album, go out and buy it again. If someone stole it from you, steal it back and punch them in the face, or just buy it again. How anyone could not like Aerosmith is completely mind-boggling. // 10

The Ultimate Hits Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 17, 2004

Sound: Aerosmith is a great band. Joe Perry is a grade a guitarist and Steven Tyler has great singing despite serious drug addiction. Their earlier songs are more raw, which I like. It's cool how on back in saddle steven tyler experimenting with microphone positioning to make the sounds different. Their rythm section (Brad Whitford rythm, Joey Kramer drums, Tom Hamilton bass) is amazing, as is their frontman (Joe Perry lead guitar, Steven Tyler vocals). They have a good blend of styles, but they all can be considered rock/metal. // 10

Lyrics: Steven Tyler is an amazing songwriter. His lyrics blend perfectly with everything else. Steven Tyler is a great singer. // 10

Overall Impression: This is one of my favorite albums. I idolize almost everyone in the group. Aerosmith is one of the greatest rock bands. I love the songs Walk This Way, Sweet Emotion, Mama Kin, Dream On, Seasons Of Wither, Same Old Song And Dance, Back In Saddle, Last Child, Draw The Line, Dude (looks Like A Lady), Rag Doll, Angel, Janies Got A Gun, Love In An Elevator, Deuces Are Wild, Just Push Play, Pink, Jaded, Falling In Love, Amazing, Cryin, and Living On The Edge (pretty much all the songs). If someone stole this album, I'd beat the crap out of them, hang them from a tree, and burn them alive (or just buy another one). I'd say it compares to how the west was won (Led Zeppelin) and Van Halen. // 10

The Ultimate Hits Reviewed by: r12g14, on november 20, 2006

Sound: I never really listened to this band until my friend gave me this CD and I sat down and listened to it and I thought they were really good. They had really upbeat rhythms and the singer has a really cool voice. I think their style of music was realy a funky sort of style. I thought it was really wierd when I lsitended to this album I had already heard most of these songs and it was wierd that I just finally realized it was Aerosmith when I listened to their greates hits. // 9

Lyrics: I think the lyrics were great and they put some meaning into their songs that you don't hear in lot of music. The music went really good with the lyrics and they work pretty well as a band. Their singer has a really good voice and I really liked the way the music and the lyrics just clicked like a band not just a bunch of guys plauying music together. // 8

Overall Impression: I think it was a good album. It wasn't as good as motley crue greates hits but it was better than red hot chili peppers stadium arcadium. I wouldn't get it if I lost or broke it. I really like the funky guitar riffs but I don't think it's up to par with a lot of other rock bands. // 8

More Aerosmith reviews rating latest review
+ Just Push Play 7.1 04/02/2013