AFI Review

afi: AFI
Released: Nov 2, 2004
Genre: Rock
Styles: Emo, Punk-Pop, Alternative Pop/Rock
Working in reverse chronological order, AFI includes the stronger tracks from each album, as well as a few extras to reel in the diehards.
 8.5
 9.3
 7.6
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
AFI Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 08, 2004

Sound: This album is basically a compilation of AFI's greatest hits during their years in Nitro Records, so there's no songs that are from Sing The Sorrow. There are also some tracks that were only on their vinyl albums, so it's a treat for some of you guys, and some old school stuff is added too. This album shows how Afi has grown during the years. Some really cool stuff. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are what you'd expect from Afi, and most of these songs are already known about and heard. It starts with The Lost Souls and going back in time ending with Who Said You Can Touch Me. Davey Havok's voice is always amazing, and immenses himself with the theme of each song. // 10

Overall Impression: If I lost this album I would buy it again, but I am slightly disappointed because more could've been done. I still love it though. I like the part that they include a bunch of rare songs. If more songs were added, it would be a little better. Some songs I like in this album are Prayer Position, God Called In Sick Today, Days Of The Phoenix, Totalimmortal, I Want A Mohawk, A Winter's Tale, and Rolling Balls. So buy the album! Fill out a review, and make UG proud. // 8

More Afi reviews rating latest review
+ Burials 7.7 10/21/2013