Time Without Consequence Review

9.4
 9.7
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Time Without Consequence Reviewed by: Guitarplaya27, on november 11, 2009

Sound: European Indie singer/songwriter/guitarist Alexi Murdoch has released a masterpiece through the Zero Summer label. Entitled Time Without Consequence, his songs feature soft songs with great relaxing music. The entire sound of Alexi Murdoch is indie/folk. His use of guitars and different tunings was but to great use in this album. Most songs featured soft drums and really kept it mellow. Each song is so relaxing it puts people into a good mood. Never before had I been so relaxed driving home at midnight with this CD playing. Songs like Orange Sky, Breathe, and All My Days are perfect songs like listen too while going to sleep. In fact, all of them are. Alexi really shows his greatness at singing and using music to really strive differently within the indie scene. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics Alexi wrote are happy, very happy. A lot of Alexi Murdoch songs were featured in the movie, Away We Go. All My Days was used with happy truthful moments between the couple, and the lyrics prove its happiness. "and now I see clearly it's you I'm looking, all of my days, soon I'll smile I know I'll feel this loneliness no more, all of my days." Multiple songs have really calming and positive lyrics. Orange sky has these lyrics, "So don't forget to breathe, Don't forget to breathe, Your whole life is here, No eleventh hour reprieve, So don't forget to breathe, keep your head above water, But don't forget to breathe." I look at these lyrics as no matter what happens, breathe and relax in the worst of times. // 9

Overall Impression: Alexi Murdoch has brought us all one of the most beautiful albums I have heard in a long time since the days of Elliott Smith, or even other soft indie bands. Anyone who appreciates music and wants to be relieved by the soft sounds of a singer/songwriter should have this CD. Tim without Consequence is something I would need my entire life, and I would never go anywhere without it. // 10

Comments