Greatest Hits Review

alice cooper: Greatest Hits
Release Date: 1974
Label: Warner Bros.
Genres: Detroit Rock, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Arena Rock, Album Rock, Glam Rock
If you're a newcomer to Alice, this 12-track compilation is a must-hear -- all the selections are exceptional.
 8.7
 9.3
review (1) 5 comments vote for this album:
Greatest Hits Reviewed by: krymson, on november 29, 2006

Sound: I was digging through my dad's old CDs and looky what I found, Alice Cooper's Greatest Hits. These are suppose to be Alice's best 12 songs, and this is perfect for someone who's just getting into his music. The songs are focuses mainly on Alice's vocals and the guitar. The riffs have great hooks along with lead peppered in and cathcy bass lines, the drums don't only keep the rythm but also has it's time to shine on tracks like "No More Mr. Nice Guy" and "Elected". The songs vary from moods like, creepy "Billion Dollar Babies" "Hello, Hooray" to upbeat "Under My Wheels" "Teenage Lament '74". // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics deal with various subjects, growing up "I'm Eighteen", love "Be My Lover", politics "Elected". Overall the song writting really shines on song like "I'm Eighteen" and "Desperado". There isn't one lyrics that sounds out of place on this compilation, the music sets the mood for the lyrics to be executed by Alice and his very distinct vocals. It's on songs like "I'm Eighteen" and "Billion Dollar Babies" where you can really hear Alice's vocals shine. // 10

Overall Impression: This album is pefect for getting started on one of rocks legends. The best songs on the album have to be "I'm Eighteen"(along with the best lyrics), "Billion Dollar Babies" and "No More Mr. Nice Guy". The only thing I would change is maybe the inclusion of a few songs that deserved to be on this album (Poison, Only Women Bleed), other than that, this album will satisty any new Alice Cooper fan. The only thing to due after hearing this compilation is to go buy the other albums. // 9

More Alice Cooper reviews rating latest review