Live At Montreux Review

alice cooper: Live At Montreux
Released: May, 2006
Genre: Rock, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Glam Rock, Garage Rock
Label: Eagle Vision
Alice Cooper: Live at Montreux 2005 is a live video and album release by Alice Cooper. It was released worldwide in May 2006 as a combined DVD and CD package.
 7.6
 9.3
 5.9
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Live At Montreux Reviewed by: Ironpriest, on october 30, 2008

Sound: As stated in my previous review, I do not know too much about Alice Cooper apart from his most recent album being an above average rock outing and a few of his hits. So since his most recent was a rocking good time, I picked up this DVD/CD combo. It was cheap, so why not? Well I can proudly say this is the best sounding Live CD/DVD I have heard. the Vocals are very clear, the guitars and bass are loud and distorted but do not sound like a mud, and well the drums, the drums have the huge drum sound that you can only hear at a live concert and that many live albums have failed to capture. // 9

Lyrics: Sadly I cannot say how much new stuff there is compared to the old stuff (I only own this and his most recent album) however I can easily say that it all mixes well and nothing sounds out of place. The lyrics range from twisted (Welcome to my nightmare medey) to just plain fun and rockin' (Schools Out). His voice is fantastic considering his age and the year (2005) and the DVD is a sight to behold, on such a small stage, alice and the band make a statement of what live rock should be. // 9

Overall Impression: Considering I'm just getting into Alicem this album was a brilliant place to start and I advise others to look into this DVD/CD combo if they want a good place to start. The DVD is brilliant, I can see no faults in the singing (see Motley Crue - Carnival of Sins, But that's a whole other story... ) and the whole album actually sounds loud which is a difference compared to most live recordings. The Bottom line is that you can watch the concert at home and then rock out to the CD in a Car, Alice 24/7! The only problem I have is that one song gets a little bit off guitar feedback which isn't pleasant but can ultimately be ignored and that the Welcome to my Nightmare Medley is not on the CD as well as a few other tunes. This can be forgiven though because of the whole Medley being a very visual experience. // 10

More Alice Cooper reviews rating latest review