Live Review

alice in chains: Live
Released: December 5, 2000
Genre: Rock
Styles: Alternative Pop/Rock, Grunge, Alternative Metal
"Live" shows what a devastating live band Alice In Chains could be.
review (1) 4 comments vote for this album:
Live Reviewed by: captain cake, on july 13, 2004

Sound: First of all its basically a hole bunch of live performances from 1990 to around July 1996, I'am quite a big alike in chains fan so it's nice to hear them live. So my first impressions of the album were amazing because you get an amazing set, you get a bonus track 'Queen Of The Rodeo' some of the styles used in the record are grunge, alternative metal and the tones are quite bleak yet aggressive. They have took the typical grunge style and improved it by putting sharp, aggressive guitar which works perfectly. // 8

Lyrics: My overall impression of the lyrics when I first herd them were quite sad because some of the songs on dirt are mostly about layne Staley's heroin addiction which are very good on the cd you can really feel his pain. The album features some early classics like 'Man in The Box' and 'Bleed The Freak'. The lyrics go well with the thick guitar of jerry Cantrell and the steady drumming of Sean Kinney the singer has transferred his heroin problem into lyrics portraying the problem as dirt. // 10

Overall Impression: The most impressive songs on the album are 'Man In The Box', 'them bones would?' and 'Rooster' just because they stand out more than the rest, it compares to other live album like Nirvanas 'From The Muddy Banks Of The Wiskah' and some Pearl Jam live albums I have (New York, Sydney etc). I love the set its most of the best songs and it is laid out really well, the artwork lacks a bit for Alice In Chains and the set could have had a few more songs but other than that good. If I were you I would get 'Dirt' or 'Jar Of Flies' because they are classics if it were lost I would go straight out to my local record shop and get it straight back. // 10

More Alice In Chains reviews rating latest review