truANT Review

Released: Aug 19, 2003
Label: El Tonal
Genre: Rock
Styles: Alternative Metal, Post-Grunge
These days music fans will be hard-pressed to find an album so satisfying.
 9.5
 9.5
 9.4
reviews (2) 1 comment vote for this album:
truANT Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 11, 2005

Sound: The sound here is amazing. Although their first album, ANThology had its few shinning moments, almost every song here is very enjoyable to listen to. The guitar riffs are very catchy dont fail to please. The bass parts really stand out. Dryden Mitchell is also a very good vocalist. But probably two songs, S. S. Recognize, and Rubber Mallet were the worst songs. They were very choppy and weren't good to listen to. Other than that, the sound was really good. // 10

Lyrics: These guys are also very good songwriters. I guess people dont recognize them for that because of that corny Smooth Criminal cover. The lyrics flow very well with the songs. I especially like These Days, Sarah Whynn, and 1000 Days. Again, the worst song was Rubber Mallet because everything was choppy, including the lyrics. // 10

Overall Impression: I think this is a definite improvement from heir previous album, ANThology. The most impressive songs to me were These Days, Sarah Whynn, 1000 Days, Quiet, Tia Lupe, and Goodbye. I loved it because of the great music and lyrics. I hated the last 3 songs though. // 10

truANT Reviewed by: Whitelion915, on october 17, 2005

Sound: This band is great, & this album shows it. One minute, their guitars are roaring & drums are being pounded into the ground. The next, they take a raggae take type feel & let what's being said be heard. It's cool to see what an array of music they can make. It's the best variety in an album I've seen for a while. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics in this album did bring out the dude's feelings, but it sounded like he was just reading them, not singing. It's not that bad, but it could be better. Maybe the smoking is what's messing him up. // 8

Overall Impression: This is a bit of a turn in another direction from their other album ANThology. Luckily, they haven't turned in the wrong direction with their records yet. The bonus disc is cool too. My favorite songs on this were Drifting Apart, Quiet, Never Meant, & SS Recognize. All the tracks were great, though. If anything were to happen to this album, I would buy it over & over again. Anyone who likes music should buy it at least once! // 9

More Alien Ant Farm reviews rating latest review