Hate, Malice, Revenge Review

all shall perish: Hate, Malice, Revenge
Release Date: Apr 19, 2005
Label: Nuclear Blast America
Genres: Death Metal
The collective sum of Hate, Malice, Revenge's parts add up to only a sturdy, interesting, and promising first effort - not a full scale classic of the death metal genre.
 9.8
 9.6
review (1) 5 comments vote for this album:
Hate, Malice, Revenge Reviewed by: legions, on october 18, 2005

Sound: I really love this band, and boy do these guys know how to lay out some good guitar work. They have heart pounding breakdowns along with very heavy guitar, but yet it's still intricate and melodic. This band is probably ahead of the game in the genre of "metalcore" but they also have heavy death metal, hardcore, metal and everthing in between influences. It's really hard to catagorize them with most metalcore bands that around now because they are like 8374526 times better than most of those talentless musicians. I saw them play a show not too long ago and they just destroyed every other band playing that night, they have great stage presence along with great music, it made for one killer night. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics appear to be well written and they work with the songs very well, their topics are pretty much what you would expect from any band in this genre. The vocals are really brutal death metally growls and screaming, it just sunds absolutely amazing with the music. // 10

Overall Impression: This CD is amazing, and I don't think I could choose a favorite song because all of them are so different, they really don't stick to the same sound through the whole CD, and that's what makes me love them even more. So all of them are damn good. The only thing that I didn't like was this CD is relatively short, and the prodcuction quality could be better. But, if this CD were stolen or lost I would hesitate to go out and buy it again. Many people haven't heard this band but if you're into that "core influenced death metal" then you might wanna check them out. // 10

More All Shall Perish reviews rating latest review