So Wrong, It's Right Review

Lyrics: 8.3
 7.9
 7.8
So Wrong, It's Right Reviewed by: UG Team, on october 15, 2007

Sound: This band clearly has a lot of potential and a lot of it shows through with this recording. Their sound can't really be classed as new, but it's certainly refreshing and slightly unique, I can't say completely unique because they sound like a mixture of Blink 182, Paramore, Fall Out Boy and others like them (a fact that is obvious through their Would Like to Thank section of the CD case). Even with the thought of other bands sounding like them, All Time Low only take the best aspects of today's bands and shape them into something new. In songs like This Is How We Do and Let It Roll, their talent for Pop-Punk-Revival music shows itself and blows you away for a while, at least. After a few tracks, you get used to the style and find yourself either at ease with the music or bored of it. It depends upon the listener's personality, I suppose. When you get to track 6 (Dear Maria, Count Me In), it's nice to hear the brilliant transition into Shameless, which is almost un-recognisable. There is an almost complete switch of styles with Remembering Sunday as most of it acoustic, with light drums and piano, only changing when it gets towards the end, becoming as heavy as the rest of the songs on the album (another nice transition, but within one song this time). // 9

Lyrics: There are some great harmonies with the singer's vocals and the backing vocals, that can't be denied. But some tracks sound pretty similar to each other, vocal-wise. That's the only flaw with the singer's vocals, a flaw that I have often seen with Blink 182 (a band that, not surprisingly, is in their thank list). The lyrics themselves are pretty good, I think. Very catchy. Some of them don't make sense with the rest of the song. That's ok though, because (whilst you're listening to them) you're still either tapping your foot to the beat or singing along, not taking in the meaning of the words. // 8

Overall Impression: I like this album, which is something, because usually I dislike bands that sounds anything like the classic American punk-band persona (like, as you guessed, Blink 182). I can't guarantee that everyone will like it, but if you're a fan of the bands that I have mentioned or if you're a fan of pop-punk/punk revival music, then the chances are that you'll probably enjoy this album. // 9

So Wrong, It's Right Reviewed by: 40oz2freedumb, on october 03, 2007

Sound: All Time Low has come a long way since Put Up or Shut Up. And along that journey, something amazing happened to them. They matured and put together 12 songs that will blow you away. This is an album that has a lot of energy. You can imagine yourself at a concert and singing along to every single one of these songs. This is an album that will make girls go crazy, it's just that type of band. There are some negatives though. The sound they create is distinct, but not totally distinct. There has been a surge of bands such as Mayday Parade and Just Surrender that have a very similar sound. One other problem would be that after listening to it for a while, or many times over, you realize that the songs sound sort of similar. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrical compostion of this album is very solid. You are being told a story in some songs, and you can imagine yourself in the situation. If you listen closely enough, you can relate to at least one or two of the songs. Amazing lyrically, coudlnt ask for much better. // 9

Overall Impression: This album is an elite album in a scence that is rising. I would like to point out that I think rock is dead. Not saying this album helps with the rock scence, just my opinion. This album can get to your emotions and also it can let you relax. It is an album that makes you think. Definently buy this if your into their type of music. The only reason I'm giving this a 9 instead of a 10 is because I'm a ska kid at heart. I think ska is the greatest music ever, and only ska albums deserve 10. // 9

So Wrong, It's Right Reviewed by: sweetpeasuzie, on october 05, 2007

Sound: All Time Low's fourth studio effort, So Wrong It's Right has heart-pounding pop-punk emissions burgeoning with optimism and elating vibes. The vocals vaunt excitably along the energetic rhythms and zesty guitar flourishes. The music has a likeness to the pop-punk/Vans Warped Tour crowd of Boys Like Girls, Tokyo Rose, Mayday Parade, and Valencia. It's music that defines the times and wraps you up in it's dance-punk throbbing and frilly garland of guitars and zealously swung vocals. Singer Alex Gaskarth's vocals sling briskly over several bars of chords with complete abandonment. Guitarist Jack Barakat creates tumultuous fumes swigging the drum fills while bassist Zack Merrick and drummer Rian Dawson produce fervidly fat beats. Produced by Matt Squire (Panic! At The Disco, Daphne Love Derby, The Receiving End Of Sirens) and Paul Leavitt, the album heavily tips it's chord movements towards inciting fun in it's listener. The energy level on numbers like This Is How We Do, Let It Roll, and Poppin' Champagne feels like the wind blowing in your face and the sun on your back as you fly down the beach on a motorbike. The members of All Time Low may originally come from the Baltimore, Maryland area but they have an edgy So-Cal punk vibe running through their veins. The music is loaded with freeing agents that bind you from whatever is holding you down. The music has a youthful bounce and elating slopes that take the listener along for the ride even when they slow their levels down on the sentimental acoustic rock tune Remembering Sunday. So Wrong It's Right is an album you will want to take with you in your back pocket wherever you go. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are about the four things that almost every adolescent centers their life around, sex, drinking, daydreaming, and friendships. Let It Roll winds all these themes into one song: Out here the hills roll on for miles/And the sun is like my own sense of direction/I'm always drawn to each horizon/When it's rising, when it sets/But all I think about is sex and playing one more game of six-cup in the backyard at The Wedge/I know I'll never die alone because of all of you/Take, take a breath/We've got all the time in the world to get a grip on the fact that we don't last/But right now I want to watch the tide roll in with my best friends. The lyrics pine over those happy moments in life and those that are bound to come. // 9

Overall Impression: A lot of songs have pop-punk moves on them that are archetypical of the genre, but some of the stand out moments are the gang vocals made by the band on the chorus parts for the track Stay Awake (Dreams Only Last For A Night) and the femininely sweet vocal harmonies of Juliet Simms on Remembering Sunday. All Time Low's latest release So Wrong it's Right is the band's follow up to their 2006 EP Put Up Or Shut Up and their two self-released studio efforts The Party Scene in 2004 and The Three Words To Be Remember In Dealing With The End in 2003. All Time Low will be finishing up 2007 on tour with Boys Like Girls and then starting up another round of shows in 2008. // 9

So Wrong, It's Right Reviewed by: NoahTH, on november 18, 2008

Sound: So Wrong, It's Right has some decent guitar chord intros and maybe some nice keyboard, but it's pretty repetitive and I've heard the vocal style on every other new record for the past year and a half. We don't need any more diet blink-182 bands. I don't think I've heard a single actual riff on this album. Maybe on the song Let It Roll. // 5

Lyrics: The lyrics are pretty good in a few songs, including Stay Awake and Remembering Sunday, but other than that it's the same old thing with a high-school friends, girlfriends hanging out theme. Alex Gaskarth has potential as a singer, but doesn't show it so much on this album. The guest singer on Remembering Sunday has a beautiful voice however. // 7

Overall Impression: I'd say this is like a watered down Boys Like Girls. I really really liked Remembering Sunday, Holly and Stay Awake. I love that they managed to fit a few gems into this mediocre record, but I absolutely hate the repetitiveness. I sometimes don't know if I'm listening to one song or another, with 3 power chords and two progressions. If I lost this album, I would probably download the songs I want off of iTunes and leave it at that. // 5

More All Time Low reviews rating latest review