Last Stop Suburbia Review

allister: Last Stop Suburbia
Released: Oct 8, 2002
Genre: Rock
Styles: Punk Revival, Punk-Pop
It's competent and well played, but hardly original. This is perfect bubblegum pop-punk for a new generation.
 8.1
 7.7
 8.5
reviews (2) user comments vote for this album:
Last Stop Suburbia Reviewed by: VocalVixen2008, on august 18, 2004

Sound: Man I love the sound of Allister, they keep everything simple two guitars, a bass, and drums. That's it, no sinthasizers! It's just pure punk, I think its about time that bands started to get back to the basics which is exactly what Allister did on this album. // 10

Lyrics: If you every get a chance to read though or listen to these lyrics you'll know how talented tim and scott are as songwriters, my favorite song lyically is Westbound because it tells truely what it's like to be in a band "Another night without a sell, Another meal at Taco Bell, Another story I can tell" truely the best I've every heard! // 10

Overall Impression: Compared to other artists out there right now, Allister is original only because right now everyone is trying to be innovative, when really being simple isn't a bad thing. The most impressive thing I think is the pure talent that these four guys have vocally and musically, there a story of a garage band gone big time, which gives hope to all of us starter bands out there. If I lost this CD then I think that my bandies would end up geting me a new one cause they listen to it just as much as me now but it not then I would in a heart beat! By far my favorite album and band of all time. Rock on Allister! // 10

Last Stop Suburbia Reviewed by: spoonman017, on december 23, 2004

Sound: Allister sounds like just another band in a ocean of many. They don't stand out for anything really. All of their music depends on fast power chords. There isn't much to it. The rhythm section isn't too impressive either. All of the songs sound alike. It's hard to distinguish the ending of one song from the beginning of the next. // 6

Lyrics: The lyrics are really cliche' and lame. The vocals aren't that good either. The singer doesn't have great range, and this is evident in all of their songs. He also sounds the same in every song. It sounds alot like everyone else out there making music. // 4

Overall Impression: I bought this album solely because it was on clearance. I loved the cover art, so I decided to buy it. It sounds like everything else that is playing on the radio, which isn't good. I regret buying Last Stop Suburbia, even thought it was only eight dollars. I wouldn't buy this album if it was lost or stolen. I lost this album a few months ago, and I haven't made any effort to recover it. Even thought most of the songs sounded alot alike, there were two tracks that I actually liked, but they aren't worth the whole album. There is 16 tracks, and nothing outstanding about any of them. Take my word and don't purchase this album. We need less of these bands making music. // 6

Comments