Rise Today [Single] Review

alter bridge: Rise Today [Single]
Release Date: Jul 30, 2007
Label: Universal
Genres: Rock
Way to get a jump-start on getting the word out for "Blackbird".
 Lyrics: 9.5
 9.1
 9.9
 8.3
Rise Today [Single] Reviewed by: FamousA, on august 27, 2007

Sound: Very impressive for the long-awaited single. Tremonti stated in an interview concerning the release of 'Blackbird' that he and Myles (Kennedy, vocalist/guitarist) would be writing more songs together as a team rather than Tremonti writing the majority of 'One Day Remains' and you can tell. A whole new set of tricks Alter Bridge pulls out. Not killing the drum beat at any part of the song and the lead guitar you heard playing in melody with the rythem guitar are the two that most stood out to me, other than the insanely melodic and fast outro solo. This is the long awaited single released by the long anticiapted stars of Creed and even Mayfield Four. But as a whole, this is a huge milestone for Alter Bridge. If there were a 20 rating, this song would get a 20+. But for now, 10. // 10

Lyrics: Once again, Tremonti puts in his two cents on exchanging today's crime and hate for love and respect that really uplifts and generates the soul not only with the sound of the instruments but the words and poetry of the song. Though, he could spread out a little more of his concernings about the world than just having a better world all the time. It's great to write about, but I know he has a lot more on his mind, and maybe he's afraid to ruin his reputation as a lyricalist by offending someone. But the lyrics were solid none the less. // 10

Overall Impression: Way to get a jump-start on getting the word out for 'Blackbird'. Chances are, with a single like this one and 'Ties That Bind' and who knows what else could come out of that cd, 'Blackbird' will demand it's roll in going multi-platinum. a representative such as 'Rise Today' doesn't get much better, if it does. Very nive opening riff, very melodic chorus, very catchy bridge and once again very good solo for the end. The lyrics were the only thing a little un-innovative hence Tremonti's previous lyrics, but that was it for me. Long live the legend of Alter Bridge! // 10

Rise Today [Single] Reviewed by: BlackSephiroth, on june 04, 2008

Sound: This CD had a lot of different feels to it. Songs like White Knuckles and One by One seem to have a metal or hard rock feel, while songs like Brand New Start are unmistakably rock. This album was definitely a good CD. Mark Tremonti, (Lead guitar and backup vocals), who also writes the music, really outdid himself. This album really exceeded my expectations, which were already high. // 10

Lyrics: Alter Bridge is a good band, no foul lyrics, no curses or any innuendo like that. Their lyrics were very emotional, in a good way. They went along nearly perfectly with the music. Some songs have no point, they're just songs. Others, like One by One seem to have a feel to them I can't place, but you can tell something is behind the music. Myles Kennedy, the singer, is very talented, not to mention his ability to play rhythm guitar while singing. Good job to him. // 9

Overall Impression: This album seems similar to other albums and artists with the same taste. Creed, for example, had the same songwriter, whose songwriting ability only got better after Creed broke up and Alter Bridge was formed from Creed minus Scott Stapp, who pursued a solo career. My 3 favorite songs from this album are Ties That Bind, One by One, and White Knuckles, though Watch Over You is quite possibly the most beautiful song I've heard in a while. I like the talent of all the members. I really don't hate anything about it. If it were stolen or lost, I would definitely buy it again. // 10

More Alter Bridge reviews rating latest review