Faded Review

Altered Paradigm: Faded
Released: Jun 13, 2008
Genre: Metal/Industrial/Rock
Label: Independent
The foursome from Clarkston, Michigan know how to play, crushing through their 11-track debut at breakneck pace. Boasting the spiritual bent and vocal chops of Creed and the musicianship of Metallica, Faded is poised to make some noise and win some fans.
 9.7
 9.3
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Faded Reviewed by: bcwfootball54, on march 13, 2009

Sound: Altered Paradigm is a hard rock band out of Clarkson, MI. All the band members are Christians which is a huge plus for me. They record in a studio in the top of a Barn and is self recorded. This is by far the best sound quality I have ever heard from a self-recorded album. They're style is one of a kind. Hard guitar riffs, great drumming, sweet solos, and awesome electronic parts. The electronics in the song's are really what sets them apart from a normal rock band. The band members have assorted backgrounds from drug addiction, abusive household's, and jail. The album reflects this in describing how they changed their life around, and got over their drug addictions. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are very good. They are strong clear, and Brad the lead singer has a great voice. Since the lyrics are about how God delivered them from their pain and sorrows it is very inspirational. I would suggest this band to anyone. // 9

Overall Impression: This is Altered Paradigm's first album and it is an incredible CD. I would say they are the best band that people have not heard of. It really went above my expectations when I bought the CD. I didn't expect near the quality in sound. I didn't expect the quality in the lyrics and I didn't expect them to be as great of a band as they are. Everyone should check out this band, they are way to good to go unnoticed. You can check them out at their myspace. The songs that stand out most to me are Surrender, Russian Roulette, Hypocrite, and Leave. // 10

Comments