American Hi-Fi Review

american hi-fi: American Hi-Fi
Release Date: Feb 27, 2001
Label: Island
Genres: Post-Grunge, Punk-Pop
Delivering fresh new strains to the genre on their eponymous debut, they maintain a high quality standard throughout the whole record.
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
American Hi-Fi Reviewed by: Desert_RockerX1, on february 21, 2006

Sound: I give the sound of this album a 9 because it doesn't have a lot of orignality to it but it's still great to me! I think they do a great job in making the music (guitars, drums, bass) match the lyrics and overall "feel" of the song. I love all the songs and think they're great (if not original or very deep). // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are great for the style of music. They are most notable on Flavor Of The Week and A Bigger Mood and Another Perfect Day (in my opinion). Each song is about a diffrent thing. Flavor Of The Week about a guy being jealous. The lyrcis are cathcy and it sounds like they put a lot of thought into them to make them sound awesome and meaningful. // 10

Overall Impression: I think it's one of the best albums made for this style (I don't wanna classify them myself because I'll prbly get a reply from someone saying they aren't what I think they are and get pissed). The most impressive songs are Falvor Of The Week, Bigger Mood, Surroud, screw it they're all great. I would definately buy it again if it were stolen. // 10

More American Hi-fi reviews rating latest review