Heat Review

7.3
 9.5
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
Heat Reviewed by: dementiacaptain, on march 05, 2010

Sound: American Me is a hardcore-concrete band with crazy speed and ferocity. I think that anyone sick of the same old etched out formula in hardcore music should pick up heat. It still uses breakdowns and two steps and blah blah the necessary things for hardcore fans to enjoy it but they are more musically skillful and much much more aggressive than any other band out there. The vocals are more traditional hardcore, no growling or inhales, just forceful exhaling yells. (think napalm death with more control) I get excited every time i listen to this record. // 8

Lyrics: The singer is very much a one trick pony, as is the band, but come on, its hardcore. The lyrics are heavy and aggressive. They are pretty much what you'd expect, but they have some very singable choruses, which isnt always common. The lyrical matter is mostly dealing with personal issues of the band, they are open to interpetation. // 5

Overall Impression: This band is like every other hardcore act... But much much heavier, and, for lack of a better word, manlier(not meaning to offend.) Black Maliscious Lie and Attribute Of The Strong are amazing, the first two tracks are the strongest as always, but not a single song is bad. It doesn't let up on the tension from start to finish. If my album were stolen, I'd be ok, its on my itunes, but I probably would buy it again because I just love the album artwork(very cool by the way.) Anyways, I'd recomend this to anyone who doesn't care about how progessive or experiemental their music is, they just want a fast kick in the teeth with no sludgy slow boring moments. I can honestly say that other than the guitar tone being to fuzzy for my tastes, this album is perfect. // 9

Comments