Cypher Review

And Oceans: Cypher
Release Date: Sep 3, 2002
Label: Century Media
Genres: Scandinavian Metal, Heavy Metal, Death Metal/Black Metal
Despite the loftiness of Cypher's extremely long (and, some would say, pretentious) song titles, the album does rock.
 4.4
 8.7
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Cypher Reviewed by: lacjam, on july 14, 2007

Sound: And Oceans album Cypher was released in 2002, with 13 tracks and 13 thrillingly enchanting songs. This was the first time I ever heard a symphonic black metal band and i liked it. i'm now listening to this radio channel that plays death metal, black metal, all the heaviest stuff. But And Oceans are still one of my favourite bands of all time. Century Media Records were right to buy this band. They're awesome. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are of cold dark themes that would break through nerves of steal. The singer uses a this kind of mad voice, perfect for these evil lyrics. Unfortunately the music comes over the top of the singers voice. The singer uses a lot of mucus and kind of sings in a tone higher than most death/black metal bands. But I guess all good bands have something that makes them different. // 7

Overall Impression: This was my favourite album overall mainly because of the way that they presented their music. I especially like the songs 'Fragile: Pictures of Silence: Melting the Skies', 'Voyage: Lost Between Two Horizons: Eaten By the Distance' and 'Silhouette: In White Rooms: Vacant Bodies'. Even though I'm more of a guitarist, the keyboard is my favourite instrument of And Oceans. // 9

Comments