I Get Wet Review

andrew w k: I Get Wet
Released: Nov 13, 2001
Genre: Rock
Styles: Hard Rock
I Get Wet turns hair metal hedonism, punk energy, and pop melodies into an instant, insistent blast of fun with all the power of a beer commercial.
 9.7
 9.9
 9.4
I Get Wet Reviewed by: bassistfromhell, on july 28, 2004

Sound: Thats the sound of the whole album with kickin guitar riffs and a catchy keyboard in the back ground. Every track sounds different but every track has one theme party! This is a new breed of hard rock, it's loud, catchy and not to mention a load of energy. Put this on when you with your mates or at a party and it will never stop party hard! // 10

Lyrics: When have you heard a singer singer sing about fun, girls and having a good time almost never these days. All these bands who sing about love, breakups and ex-girlfriends should shut the hell up and get out and have some fun. All the lyrics are get up and dance and have fun! lyrics and who would ask for anything else. Well Andrew W.K.s singing skills arent the best in the world but his scratchy, loud voice goes so well with his happy, party songs and his lyrics are perfect with the tunes of his songs it just keeps getting better. // 10

Overall Impression: Thats all you can say. I Love New York City and Party Hard great songs, you just gotta grab your beer and start partying it hard. I just love how all this loud, catchy music goes really well with W.K.s voice perfect combination and nothing can match it. If this album was lost or stolen I would buy it and hold a Andrew W.K. party and invite everyone and party to him all night. I havent heard his new album but I hope its as good as this one party hard people! Don't do what Andrew W.K. wouldn't do (that's like nothing.) // 10

I Get Wet Reviewed by: busway27, on july 24, 2008

Sound: Ready to be cheered up? Because that is exactly what you get when listening to this album. With 3 guitarists often laying out the same heavy chords simultaneously added to an often catchy and positive-sounding keyboard line, again, added to the odd and occasionally paradoxal lyrics of Andrew, you get some of the most uplifting music you can imagine. This breakthrough album is about one main topic, partying. Andrew made his mission statement, "It's Time To Party", a perfect beginning to a virtually perfect album. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are a perfect fit for the music. His lyrics, often quite nonsensical, just sound so good when they are put to these seemingly simple rythyms and chords. The singer skills, perfect. Andrew W.K. has a very malleable voice that is also very powerful. His voice has some of the strangest changes possible from song to song but never leaves behind the raw power that makes everyone want to party. // 10

Overall Impression: It is rather hard to compare to other albums or even other artists as this album is something new, something that will hopefully inspire other artists to do the same. "She is Beautiful" enters with one of the most beautifully crafted, almost poetic riffs in the history of rock. Throughout the song, the same 5 beat chorus pounding soon followed by another heavy riff, this song is the perfect balance between power, speed and depth. "I Get Wet", same title as the album, this song starts out just as epic as the album does, this is the 2nd best song in the album. I love the entire album, the power, the pop, the creative riffs, it is nearly perfect. I hate the song "Got to Do It" which was sort of a retardent on the speed that was being used throughout the beginning of the album. I would buy this album again even if it weren't lost. // 10

More Andrew W K reviews rating latest review